Ademco vista 15p not resetting

Old 06-26-05, 10:28 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Hello i hope someone can help me reset my alarm system. I tried adding a stronger siren but i noticed that the amperage was higher than it should have been and the system just powered off. Now i am trying to disconnect battery and ac power but i only get a blank lighted lcd display. thanks for any help

Old 06-26-05, 02:24 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 128 Posts
The simple thing is to unplug one of the battery terminals, then either unplug the power pack, remove one of the AC power wires from the PC board, or trip the breaker for the outlet. Let it sit for a minute or so, then power back up in the reverse order. There is a fuse on the PC board, but you have to _really_ stress the system to blow it.

What are you using for a sounder? This system will support about 600ma worth of output. Unless you are running a lot of powered devices (motions, keypads, etc) in addition to the siren, you should be ok.

Old 06-26-05, 02:30 PM
E

Thanks for replying and i did the disconnecting procedure many times and i checked the fuse but i continue to get a long beep and a blank lcd screen. I tried going into program mode but it will not respond. Thanks again.

Old 06-26-05, 03:26 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 128 Posts
Hmmm. Really hard to tell without actually seeing what you wired and what the display looks like. It almost sounds like you have somehow disconnected one of the data wires for the keypad.

Check to make sure that the power pack is actually providing 16VAC. It really feels like a power issue.

Old 06-26-05, 08:46 PM
E
Ademco vista 15p

Thanks for making me check my wiring! It wasnt a data wire but it was a power wire to the receiver. Thanks a million for your help..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: