LED lights

Old 06-30-05, 12:38 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
LED lights

Led lights:

I donít know if this can be done or not, I think it can, I just donít know how. I want to add an LED light somewhere under my car porch or on my house, so that at night when my son comes home he would be able to see it if the alarm has gone off and he would just go on over to the neighbors and not enter the house.

I only want this light to burn if the alarm has gone off. Second if the alarm has gone off and run thru it cycle and reset itself will this light continue to burn or not. I want it to burn until someone reset the alarm at the key pad.

I hope I am not asking to much.

Ademco Vista 20P

Old 06-30-05, 07:05 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 128 Posts
Yes, this is pretty straight forward. There is an 8 pin trigger output connector on the system that you can plug a cable onto to trigger a relay. The rest is all programming. You need to work your way through setting up the output programming to match what you want, but the program's pretty flexible.

Old 06-30-05, 08:25 PM
D
Look for the Key Switch example

There's an example near the front of the installation guide for setting up a Key Switch. They include two LEDs for status in addition to the switch. That schematic should get you started. You'll use *79 to define the output.

For the programming, I think you'll want to define (at least) 2 output actions in *80 -- one for turning the output on (constant closed) in response to alarm, and one to turn it off in response to disarm.

Good luck!

Old 07-01-05, 03:52 PM
M
Led lights,

You can use the 8 pin trigger connector, you will have to get another transformer the 1361X10 you will also need an X10 appliance module you can get at radio shack, then you can use any 110 volt light plugged into the appliance module to stay on after the alarm has gone off. You are going to have to program the powerline carrier devices in device programming,
(*79/*80 Menu Mode) to turn on when alarm is tripped, and off when the arming code is used.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: