safewatch plus entrepreneur, reconnecting

Old 07-10-05, 08:50 AM
sp1
Visiting Guest
safewatch plus entrepreneur, reconnecting

after some home improvements and repairs , I need to reinstall my alarm system .most everything was still wired . Just got some questions on which zones to connect what to .any help would be appreceiated

Old 07-10-05, 09:11 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 314 Upvotes on 289 Posts
If you have some notation as to what set of openings were on which zone (it's often written on the keypads and some ADT installers left zoning notes in the control cabinets), then it's straight forward.

Zones are programmable, there is no hard and fast definition as to which does what.

Old 07-13-05, 10:47 PM
sp1
Visiting Guest
alarm

thankyou mr ron fl , I 've got a pretty good idea , it's just the little resistors jumping between the zone terminals i don't fully get .

Old 07-14-05, 03:12 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 314 Upvotes on 289 Posts
Basically, each alarm loop has to have that resistor in series with the loop. It doesn't matter which leg of the pair of conductors in each loop the resistor is installed on.

Ideally these go on the contact end of the loop, but in prewired houses, this is usually impractical, so they end up getting installed at the panel, so that your system is effectively unsupervised NC loops.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: