Is Concord still the best wireless/hybrid?

Old 07-10-05, 12:35 PM
realwomble
Visiting Guest
Is Concord still the best wireless/hybrid?

Question as title.

I'm about to ipurchase & nstall a system in my new home.

Consensus seemed to be that GE/ITI concord is the best all around system.... is that still the case or should I consider Simon / Visonic etc?

My system plan involves a number of wireless and a few hardwired (2nd floor) sensors, 2 keypads, monitoring.

Future: possibly X10, cell monitoring?

I'm most concerned about reliability (low false alarms...) and security ( supervised, jam detection) of the wireless sensors.

One other question: I'm a little sceptical about the value of monitoring anyway, given the vulnarability of the phone line outside, but will all these systems detect and alarm if they detect the line is cut?.

Thanks

Old 07-10-05, 02:32 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 128 Posts
For DIY installers, the Concord series seems to do the job well. In my opinion, the Simo/Lynx/Visionic all in one units aren't bad for a small installation, but have some real limitations.

Alarm panel choice is a pretty subjective thing. You will get as many answers as installers.

Most any modern system has pretty good to excellent features with regard to wireless security. The likelyhood of false alarms has more to do with the placement of active devices, like motions, than the quality of the device (Concord, Caddx/Networx and Simon use the same transmitters, for example).

Most modern systems detect phone line cuts when installed and programmed properly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: