DSC 1550, 4 phone connections, 2 Wires ?

Old 07-11-05, 07:44 AM
John00
Visiting Guest
DSC 1550, 4 phone connections, 2 Wires ?

Hi, On my DSC 1550 there are 4 connection points for the phone line out, these are named R1, T1, RNG, and TIP, my outbound phone line has two wires + and -ve.......how should this be connected, ?
Also if the phone line is removed there is no trouble light on the panel to indicate this change......does that mean the autodialling part of the board has a problem.

Thanks for any help

JW Cape Town, SA.

Old 07-11-05, 04:19 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Hmmm, based on the assumption that your S. African telco is like North America (loop start), the +VE will be the equal to Ring, and the -VE will be tip. You bring your line in from the telco on Ring and Tip and return it to your house phones via R1 and T1.

The line monitoring feature has to be enabled in the system programming, and the program has to be set to have a keypad sounder on loss of telco.

If your phone system is radically different (ground start, or the like) then things get a bit more complex...

Old 07-13-05, 06:33 AM
John00
Visiting Guest
Hi Ron,
OK the phone line is now connected correctly. I am unable to find in the programming guide , any reference to line monitoring on or off, do you happen to know what that programming code switch is ?

Thanks or your time and help

john

Old 07-13-05, 05:08 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Oops, my error. That model doesn't have a phone line monitor feature. The only way to protect the phone line for that model is to use the "trap" feature on the RJ-31X jack.

It's a pretty basic panel.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: