Programming Zones on Vista 10SE

Old 07-12-05, 12:52 PM
kmoyers
Visiting Guest
Programming Zones on Vista 10SE

I just moved into a new house that had an existing Alarm system. I have successfully obtained the Installer Code and restored to factory defaults (mistake!) I have also successfully reprogramed the unit all the way up to *56 - Zone Programming. I have an installer manual that I found on line and to this point everything behaved just as discribed. Where a display is expected that shows several fields I only see 01. I've tryed several combinations, figured out how to move to the next step... *60, but I can't figure out how to actually program the zones. I have 2 Zones that have nothing on them and they also do not have resistors on the controller. I assume that I need to disable them to eliminate an error. Alarm 05. The zones that have no connectivity are 05 and 06.

Any help would be appreciated!

techie but lost

I have since figured out that I can bypass Zone 06 and now I only have one error code ... it is 05 CHECK. I have looked at the CHECK Codes in the manual and none of them match... ?????

Last edited by kmoyers; 07-12-05 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-12-05, 05:59 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 312 Upvotes on 287 Posts
You need a 2-line alpha keypad to get the prompts you are expecting.

With the fixed alpha keypad, you _can_ program the zones blind, but you have to keep careful track of where you are in the keystroke sequence. The unused zones just need to be programmed as type 00 (disabled).

Check 5 just means that zone 5 is open/tampered.

Old 07-17-05, 01:34 AM
kmoyers
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the info... I will try to acquire a 2 line display. I already have rendered it useles because of the zones not being programmed correctly... I may attempt the blind entry... any suggestions of how many prompts per zone and how many characters per prompt would be appreciated...

Thanks

Old 07-17-05, 09:42 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 312 Upvotes on 287 Posts
If you have the installer manual, the steps are listed in sequence in the section on zone programming located in sectin 4 of the manual (Hardwired zones). Theres about 6-8 steps per zone. If you write out your keystrokes, you can likely do the couple of zones you need, but the right keypad is what's really called for.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: