Need help from robbery???

Old 07-23-05, 06:37 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help from robbery???

Ok, hope that someone can help me here, since police don't seem to be interested.

I have a peice of equipment that is in a local business that was broken into.

Alarm is a DSC with and only two motion detectors over the two entry doors.
Place closed at 9:00pm alarm set at 10:00pm as stated by monitoring company. Received call in morning of bad news.

Now as I see it if the alarm was set why did it not go off monitoring company states no alarms. I told the manager that it either happened from 9-10pm or perhaps which I need halp on this one is that the alarm was armed then placed in bypass for the two zones??? Can this be done? and if yes would the monitoring company see that 2 zones are placed in bypass?

P.S. after looking at both doors there was no signs of obvious entry ecept that the mintenance person stated that the top of the door looked to have a larger gap approx 3/4" and he did not ever notice that before. After looking at the slide lock I am doubtful that this is the case since the plunger enters the opposite door approx 1.5 inches???

Thanks in advance

Old 07-23-05, 09:33 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 126 Votes on 117 Posts
A lot depends on how the alarm is set up and configured. For example, if the system is armed in the stay mode, and the motions are set up as stay/away zones, then the motions will automatically bypass.

Seriously, the devil is in the details, and you have provided very sketchy information.

Unless programmed to report such (and is rarely done in the typical install) bypassed zones are not reported to the central station). Depending on the model of system, there may be an internal log that can give you more information, but only certain models retain this information.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: