Need Help with Honeywell 7000 system

Old 08-23-05, 04:43 PM
fixitladdy
Visiting Guest
Question Need Help with Honeywell 7000 system

I have an existing Honeywell 7000 alarm system that I would like to upgrade myself. I would like to add another keypad and glass breakage sensor. The system is hardwired. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Fix it lady

Old 08-23-05, 05:32 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 314 Upvotes on 289 Posts
We are going to need more detail. 7000 doesn't come up on the Honeywell product search. Is this a newer or fairly old system?

A more accurate model number is going be on the pc board inside the system control box (where the battery is), hopefully on the diagram inside the door.

Old 08-24-05, 05:30 AM
fixitladdy
Visiting Guest
Question

Thanks for the reply....
Here is what I have for info on my system.

Honeywell installed the system in 1999.
The PC board has the following info on it : 1995 Honeywell Security made in Mexico, 32001864 custom security.
There is nothing on the door saying what type it is ???

I do have a book on installing. This booklet states ,under power consumption, Ademco receiver 50mA . The keypad is a 2 line display Keypad 12mA.
Does this help at all???
Fix it lady

Old 08-24-05, 06:16 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Are you looking at the _keypad_ or at the control box that contains the battery? This will most likely be located in a closet.

Most Honeywell/Ademco alarm panels have model numbers like Vista-XX.

Old 08-25-05, 05:25 AM
fixitladdy
Visiting Guest
I am looking inside the control box and there is nothing else that states Vista, or Ademco. Even the keypad has no name on it. I know, this seems unusual that there is no other name.

I really did not want to contact Honeywell($$$)to have them install another keypad and would rather do it myself.
Any other suggestions??
Fix it lady

Old 08-25-05, 08:18 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Can you find a model number on the keypad? If it's one of the standard models, that might give me a clue as to what you need. Wired glass break sensors are standard 12vdc alarm devices, and are not brand specific, you just have to have a zone that you can tie it into (either unused, or on the same loop as the windows in the room you are protecting.

This is kinda tough, because this brand and model combo is coming up with bupkiss on searches.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: