Problem with PC1555MX installation keypad

Old 08-24-05, 02:56 PM
FredMtl
Visiting Guest
Smile Problem with PC1555MX installation keypad

I try to install PC1555MX system, first when I put system on: keypad work properly and I configured zone type. Since I try I play with Keypad affectation option, only the trouble led on keypad was on and keypad doesnt response to command. I try to disconnect system, but same result. Then somebody know if it's possible to do an hardware default reset or any help for me?

Scuse my english writing, my natural language is french.

Thanks

Fred

Old 08-24-05, 06:23 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 314 Upvotes on 289 Posts
Factory Default Main Panel (Hardware)
1. Remove AC and battery power from the panel.
2. Remove all wires from the zone 1 and PGM1 terminals.
3. With a piece of wire short the zone 1 terminal to the
PGM1 terminal.
4. Apply AC power to the main panel.
5. When zone light 1 is lit on the keypad the default is
complete.
6. Remove AC power from the control
7. Reconnect all original wiring and power up the control.
NOTE: AC power must be used to power the panel. The
panel will not default if the battery is used.

It's buried in the installer manual on the last page of the programming instructions, it's pretty easy to over look.

Old 08-24-05, 07:39 PM
FredMtl
Visiting Guest
Thanks for your help. I try it, do you know how many time it take to reset all the panel? Because, Ive got the same trouble. My keypad still with the trouble led on only. Ive got a wire system. When I push on keypad, light on number is on but no action was taken.

thanks

Fred

Old 08-24-05, 08:13 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Check your keypad wiring. It sounds like you may simply have a bad connection.

Old 08-25-05, 11:33 AM
FredMtl
Visiting Guest
I install a PC1555MX wire system with a 8 led keypad. Since I try to play with Keypad affectation option, only the trouble led on keypad was on and keypad doesnt response to command. When I push button no sound heared. I try to reset hardware( jump PGM1 and ZN1), but LED 1 never lit. So same result, only the led Trouble was on, I've got 13 V on Red and Black and 2,5V on green and yellow. When I unplug DC power ( red and black) the trouble led is OFF like all keypad. When I unplug Keybus( yellow and green), the trouble led still the only one on and the keypad buzzer goes on. However I can't acknowledge the buzzer, because keypad still not response the command.

Do you think my problem it's the keypad or the PC1555MX board?

Or do you think I could try something else before changing pieces.

Thanks

Old 08-25-05, 08:30 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
I know what you did (at least I think I do)! You accidentally assigned the keypad to a nonexistant partition. Press and hold the # key for about 3 seconds, then press one. If what I think happened happened, you should get keypad response again.

While the keypad is active, go to program (you should be back to the default program code). Go to section 000 (keypad programming) and make sure that for the slot assignment you enter 11. If the first digit is anything other than a one, you lock the keypad out (the first digit dictates what partition the keypad works in, but a 1555 only has the one partition. Only DSC's will allow you to assign the keypad to a non-existing partition like this.....).

Old 08-26-05, 04:00 PM
FredMtl
Visiting Guest
Hey MrRonFL !

you are my Heroe! Thank you very much!!!!

Who's the best is the best, MrRon is the best!

Fred

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: