Check 27 and 109 error codes

Old 08-26-05, 03:11 PM
Chat1410
Visiting Guest
Check 27 and 109 error codes

My family has moved into a house with a Safewatch Pro 3000 installed. I've found the keypad to be an Ademco 6150. Since my parents don't want to use the system, I play around with it. I completely severed it's power (unplugged and disconnected the battery), and now the keypad flashes check 27 and check 109, displaying not ready, thus ruining all my fun. What are these error codes and hwo can I clear them? (I can't find any information any where).

Old 08-26-05, 06:36 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 314 Upvotes on 289 Posts
The SW-Pro 3000 is a modified Ademco/Honeywell Vista-20P. That's the system to search for a install manual for.

It sounds like the system has a hardwired expander board that you have disconnected (109 is a problem eith an expander board at address 9). 27 is a
open zone 27 which would be on that board.

So you either disconnected a piece of hardware, or created a phantom device and zone that the system is looking for.

Old 08-29-05, 04:25 PM
Chat1410
Visiting Guest
In my little bit of research, zones 18-21 are key fobs (can someone please explain what that is), and zone 27 is nothing, so how, using my controller I have (I heard it's possible, but incredibly hard), delete zone 27 (I can't bypass on the board because it must be a wireless zone, my board only goes up to 8 wired)? I also can't bypass it using the installer code and bypass and 2 and 7. I've found the 109 error doesn't disallow the system from being ready, only the 27. Exactly how much programming can be done with the controller I have?

Old 08-29-05, 04:59 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 314 Upvotes on 289 Posts
Keyfobs are remote controls, similar to the ones everyone uses for car alarms.

If there is a wireless board, then zone 27 may be a zone type that's non-bypassable, like a smoke detector or a panic button.

If you get the installer manual, you can carefully go through the steps to delete that zone, but to do anything more, you really need a 2-line Alpha type keypad. If you read over the previous threads on Ademco panels, especially the Vista-20p/SW-3000 you will get an idea of what you've gotten into.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: