motion sensor and disarming the system

Old 08-28-05, 12:53 PM
hkerekes
Visiting Guest
motion sensor and disarming the system

I have a Concord express system.

I have two questions the first one is what group do you recommend the motion detectors to be in? I have them in 18 atm and i dont think they are working correctly ( or maybe i didnt set them up right). I can walk infront of them when it is set to away and it doesnt set off an alarm, i have walked infront of all of them in a sequence and nothing.

Second sometimes when i set the system to stay ( when were at home at night and sleeping) i go to disarm the system I hit 1 + code + * and it gives me the error beep or whatever and it wont come out of the armed mode.
I think it does it with away but i dont remember.

Old 08-28-05, 03:56 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 138 Votes on 127 Posts
If these are wireless motions, remember that they do not activate constantly. They preserve their battery power by not activating more than once every couple of minutes since the last trip (it's not a security issue, when there is no activity in a space for about 5 minutes, they will detect motion just fine).

The group (zone type) you chose has the feature that it will only generate an alarm if 2 or more sensors in that group trip in about 4 minutes. Combined with the above characteristics for wireless motions, you can see the issue.

Group 17 is actually a better choice for wireless motions.

Since your disarming issue is inconsistant, I suspect that you may simply be having a miskeying issue. Remember, the installer code isn't a regular arm/disarm code, and that extra * you are tacking onto the end isn't needed (* is just the system status command). I think that you are just punching in the wrong code once in awhile.

Old 08-28-05, 04:30 PM
hkerekes
Visiting Guest
Ill change them to 17 i wasnt exactly sure which was better thanks for the info.

I wasnt thinking when i typed the * i meant to type #. But since its not needed maybe thats the problem .

Thanks again.

Old 08-28-05, 06:32 PM
hkerekes
Visiting Guest
changed the groups.

I changed the groups to 17 on all the motions via the edit sensors menu.

I still set the alarm to away and none of them trigger. Any ideas?

Old 08-28-05, 07:58 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Did you open and close an exit door? Most modern systems auto-bypass interior zones unless you open and close the exit door.

Old 08-29-05, 03:37 PM
hkerekes
Visiting Guest
I didnt realize that they didnt arm until an exit zone was open / closed. I will try to set them off tht way.

I still cant get the alarm to not come off of stay mode so i guess it was me hitting the # at the end causeing it to not disarm.

Old 08-31-05, 12:06 PM
hkerekes
Visiting Guest
This morning it woudlnt let me disarm it off of STAY mode.

The screen was not lit up. I hit 1 then code and it didnt disarm.
I repeated 1 then code and same. I tried waiting 30 seconds and still nothing. I had to use my Key fob to disarm it.

Is there a specific key to hit if the screen isnt lit up, before i hit 1 then the code?

Old 08-31-05, 03:40 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Ummm, as best I can tell, these panels don't _have_ and option for the keypad to power down when idle. I think you may have a simple wiring connection issue. Even on systems that do offer such a power saver mode, it has to be turned on in programming in some way.

If you aren't hearing keybeeps when you try to enter the code, then something is definitely loose.

Old 08-31-05, 06:09 PM
hkerekes
Visiting Guest
Ok just to be sure i made sure that key beeps and status beeps were still turned on and they were. And finding that menu took me a few minutes of A B * and #....................... lol

So the alarm panel shouldnt ever not be lit? Sometimes in the morning it isnt lit and as soon as i hit a button it lights up. I checked the wiring behind the panel ( 4 wires that go directly to the panel with one connection behind the panel ) and they all were tight. What could it be?

I feel like im asking 20 questions and i know it can be annoying.

Thanks
Hans ( the alarm rookie )

Old 09-01-05, 03:49 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The keypad power down may be one of those undocumented feature type items. Giving both the user manual and the installer manual a good read over, again, I can only conclude that you have either a failing keypad, an intermittant bad connection, or a code entry error.

There is no magic key or hidden feature. If your code works normally, then it should work each time you enter it corrrectly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: