Ademco Vista 15P Trouble Code

Old 09-25-05, 11:14 PM
SteveNY
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Ademco Vista 15P Trouble Code

Hi,

I'm doing a new residential install using a Vista 15P panel with a 6150RF keypad. I'm getting a Trouble Code of "Ad 31" and "No A/C Power" when the system powers up. I have not been able to get into programming mode because the Trouble Code never clears.

There are no wired zones so the only devices drawing power is the keypad and siren. I triple checked the wire connections and they appear to be fine. The battery is charging and there is power to the keypad. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Note: I'm using 18AWG wire for the power. We powered up the panel without the battery being plugged in.

Old 09-26-05, 04:38 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 315 Upvotes on 290 Posts
You need to address your keypad. The first keypad has to be set to address 16 on a 15p/20p. Additional keypads have to be addressed to 17, etc. and setup in programming.

Old 09-26-05, 04:54 AM
SteveNY
Visiting Guest
Keypad Address

Thanks Ron. I think the 6150RF default address is set to 32. Can I change the keypad address through dip switches in the keypad or is it done through the panel's programming mode? Thanks again.

Old 09-26-05, 04:46 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 315 Upvotes on 290 Posts
Within 30 seconds of power up press 1 and 3 at the same time. This puts the keypad into it's own program mode. You should refer to the install sheet that came with your keypad.

Press 1 for addressing. Enter 16* Keep pressing * until you exit to run mode.

Old 09-29-05, 09:49 PM
SteveNY
Visiting Guest
It works!

Thanks Ron. Pressing 1 and 3 got me into the programming mode and I was able to change the address to 16. I appreciate the help. Have a good one.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: