How do I disable TLM on DSC Power 832?

Old 10-11-05, 03:58 PM
nnklem
Visiting Guest
Question How do I disable TLM on DSC Power 832?

I have read several posts on this forum about disabling Telephone Line Monitoring on a DSC Power 832. I know you have to go to section 015 and turn off option 7, but I have no idea how to do this with my LED control panel. Any instructions/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Big Nate

**** UPDATE ****

I may have a bigger problem. I think my installer code is not the default "5010" that is referenced in the install manual. I tried the following and got a 2 second beep which I think indicates a wrong installer code.

*8 5010 (2 second beep is heard)

Any thoughts how to get around this to disable TLM?

Last edited by nnklem; 10-11-05 at 05:16 PM. Reason: **** UPDATE ****
Old 10-11-05, 07:25 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
First, you need the installer code. There is no way to bootstrap these systems into program mode without the code. Common numbers used are the last 4 digits of the installers phone number, their street address, the house number of the alarm location, the last 4 digits of the installer's business license number, and such similar things.

Old 12-18-06, 03:34 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC 5010 Installer's Code

Programming the 5010 with the 5500 LED keypad is not much different than with the LCD. The LCD displays the data in plain text, whereas the LED displays in binary, and the binary order is reversed.

The installer's code was entered by the technician who originally installed the system. They won't give you the code. Some reasons would be liability; the changing of programming such as removing the TLM would result in a less effective alarm system. There are also many programming locations that could be altered intentionally or accidentally rendering parts of the system non-functional or to behave in undesirable ways.
If your system is no longer being monitored or under contract and you own it, then you may be able to get the original company to default the installer's code.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: