How do I program 1555mx with PC5508Z 8 LED keypad to send email

Old 10-18-05, 11:39 AM
SyedNabi
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb How do I program 1555mx with PC5508Z 8 LED keypad to send email

I recently purchased a home, and it came with installed security system (nice). Its a DSC 1555Mx controller, with PC5508Z led keypad, with 4 zones wired (3 Doors, and 1 Motion). It was installed by "fly-by" security company, I found their phone number in the control panel, I called them but the phone is disconnected (probably the company went belly up) (not nice)

The system works as far as I can tell. It arms, disarms, and trips alarm. Its not connected to phone line, since I don't have land line in that house, I am completely sold to VOIP.

Is there any way I can program the system to call my cell phone using the VOIP or send email using the broadband connection.

Oh.. How do I program this thing, I don't have any manuals, and the installer went out of business ...

Thanks.

Old 10-18-05, 06:08 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
You can get user manuals from the DSC website (WWW.DSC.Com).

VOIP is a new tech that alarm systems are poorly adapted to work with, see the forum FAQ for details.

You can set the system to dial a cell phone as a pager.

DSC makes a module PC5401 for interfacing power series panels with computer systems.

There are a number of workarounds, but only a few alarm systems and panels have a means of providing the email functionality without working though some form of home automation interface.

There are some alarm monitoring companies that have recievers that can handle TCP/IP communication via internet, and they are becoming more common.

Old 05-22-08, 12:00 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi All

Good news!!!, I had isolated the power supply and disconnected the battery......when fully powered up the system returned to ready state and now able to arm and disarm the system.

The trouble light stays on indicating date/time requires programming.....only trouble now is I don't have the installers code.

Having read one of the other threads...when the system is powered up there are a series of successive fast clicks (which I beleive indicates it has an installers code).

Is there anyway to overcome this to enable me to program a new master code?

By the way I looked at the module PC5401, looks identical to mine.

many thanks
Gilbert

Last edited by GilbertInfanti; 05-22-08 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-22-08, 01:51 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
A series of rapid clicks from the phone relay on powerup means that the installer lockout feature was used. That's bad news, because even if you use the hardware default method, the installer code will NOT reset to the factory default.

Short of a lucky guess at the installer code, you are stuck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: