disarm or reset ADT safewatch pro 2000 custom without master code

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-05, 07:02 PM
webberman
Visiting Guest
Unhappy disarm or reset ADT safewatch pro 2000 custom without master code

The short story:

I hope I am not totally screwed. Some how I have manged to arm my ADT Safewatch pro custom 2000 alarm system in STAY mode without the master code. Is there any way to reset the thing? I currently have it powered down (Battery disconnected and power supply unplugged).

The long story:

I recently purchased a home with the above alarm system. The previous owners did not give me the code but I did receive an RF key fob. Sometime between closing on the house and the move in the key fob was lost. I decided I did not want to pay for the long monitoring contract just to have ADT come out and disable the key fob and reset the master code so I began looking at posts in this forum on how to it.

I have the Programming guide that came with the system and could successfully enter into programming mode with the default installers code of 6321. I disabled the dialing numbers by entering commands that I saw in another post. Just to be clear I did the following:

1. entered programming mode: [6][3][2][1] [8][0][0]
2. cleared primary phone:[*][4][1][*]
3. cleared secondary phone:[*][4][2][*]
4. cleared subscriber account:[*][4][3][*]
5. cleared download phone:[*][9][4][*]
6. exited programming mode:[*][9][9]

Next I attempted to reset my master code

1. entered [6][3][2][1] [8] [0][2] + 4 digit code
2. the system beeped once but i did not see any sort of confirmation on the screen.
3. fearing It did not take I tried again, same thing. beep.

Next I attempted to arm the system using my new code. This did not work. I tried several times just to be sure I was doing it right. I then for reasons unknown, tried entering my code and then [#] instead of the [3 Stay] key. Well guess what the system ARMED itself. I then tried to disarm the system using my code to no avail.

So later after downloading and reading a copy of the user manual I see that the [#] key is sometimes programmed to "quick arm" the system without entering your code.

So what I think I have done was fail to reset the master code, maybe I was too slow punching in the numbers I don't know, and then I "quick armed" the system. Now I have an armed system and still have no master code.

I used the power down procedure in the FAQ but whenever I power it up the keypad displays "Busy - Standby D1" and it re arms itself. I can re-enter programming mode if I press[*][#] IMMEDIATELY after power (like within 2 seconds).

Is there anyway out of this situation?????

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-05, 09:24 PM
BKvist
Visiting Guest
Hold the * & # down while you power up should do the trick. Then try installer code 8 01 new code 2 times to reset master code. Some are installer code 8 02 then new code 2 times.

Old 11-02-05, 09:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 27 Votes on 26 Posts
If you go into section *39 and change the value to 0, that will turn off the "power up in previous state" feature.

[Installer code] + 8 + [01] + [new code] should do the trick. The safe way to test whether the code works is to try to activate the chime feature ([code] + 9).

Old 11-03-05, 08:14 AM
webberman
Visiting Guest
Talking

Thanks SO MUCH!! It worked!!

Powering up while holding[*][#] got me into programming mode where I was able to disable the "power up in previous state" mode by clearing field 39. After exiting programming mode with[*][9][9]. I then reset the master code succesfully and then tested it by activating the chime. I finally re-enabled the "power up in previous state" mode.

On my system I only needed to enter my code once to set the new master code, i.e., [6][3][2][1] + [8] +[0][1] + [4 digit code].

Thanks again for your help.

Old 07-11-08, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
same boat

I have the safewatch pro 2000, and have tried to follow this thread, but it seems like greek..I do not have the master code, and no phone is currently attached. I do have 2 motion detectors and 2 door sensors. How can I 'start from scratch'.
Please explain SIMPLY. I do have the users manual, but do not have a programming guide. I don't know what the beeps signify. I will be the only user, so if you can help me program this simply I will be grateful! thanks.

Old 07-11-08, 04:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The Safewatch 2000 is a modified Vista 20se.

Websearch using the phrase "Vista 20se installer manual"

Once you have the manual, the context of the stuff above will make much more sense.

In the FAQ sticky for this forum there is a section on how to get in to an ademco clone panel programming mode. The installer code will be displayed by keying in #20 while you are in programming mode. The odds are that it's 6321.

Old 07-14-08, 09:10 AM
thank you

http://www.mhgs.net/ademco/

this page has all 3 booklets for the 20SE. I'm sure things will make more sense when I read them.

Old 03-28-13, 12:24 PM
What exactly do you mean by "power up"? Do you mean unplug the entire system from the control box or something else?

Old 03-28-13, 02:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Take one wire off the battery, and disconnect (unplug, trip the breaker, or take the wire off of terminal 1) the AC power source. It's 24VAC so it's safe to handle, and no, you will not lose programming.

Old 07-10-13, 06:29 PM
Hello Ron and group!
I have the exact same problem like the original poster, but I have the Safewatch pro 3000 EN. I managed to use code 6321 and got it to work just fine. I tested and could even arm and disarm (within the 59 second lag) by punching 6321 and Off. HOWEVER, I got screwed when I tried using the manual's suggestion of using the # sign and pressing "Stay". It armed OK, but when I tried to disarm after a few minutes, by pressing 6321 and Off, it did not work. Nevertheless, I had to open the door when my wife walked in, and that set off the blaring alarm (still hurts my ears!). I panicked and then ran to my basement and took one wire off the battery and disconnected the AC source.
After I reconnected, I got a "busy mode" on the key pad and then it reverted back to Armed "Stay" mode with the red indicator back on. I decided to disconnect till I got a response on this forum.
How can I get it back to working again and how can I prevent this from happening again? Do you think the 6321 is not indicated for arming??
Thank you all so much!

Old 07-10-13, 06:32 PM
Please help!

Hello Ron and group!
I have the exact same problem like the original poster, but I have the Safewatch pro 3000 EN. I managed to use code 6321 and got it to work just fine. I tested and could even arm and disarm (within the 59 second lag) by punching 6321 and Off. HOWEVER, I got screwed when I tried using the manual's suggestion of using the # sign and pressing "Stay". It armed OK, but when I tried to disarm after a few minutes, by pressing 6321 and Off, it did not work. Nevertheless, I had to open the door when my wife walked in, and that set off the blaring alarm (still hurts my ears!). I panicked and then ran to my basement and took one wire off the battery and disconnected the AC source.
After I reconnected, I got a "busy mode" on the key pad and then it reverted back to Armed "Stay" mode with the red indicator back on. I decided to disconnect till I got a response on this forum.
How can I get it back to working again and how can I prevent this from happening again? Do you think the 6321 is not indicated for arming??
Thank you all so much!

Old 07-10-13, 06:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Volunteer forum; not manned 24-7...
That said...

If you press * + # within 50 sec of restoring AC power it should jump into programming. Once you exit programming with *99, it will normally be disarmed.

No, using the installer code for arm/disarm is a bad idea. If the system is armed by _any_ other method, the installer code cannot disarm.

Once you get out of programming; in normal operation mode:
[installer code] + 8 + 02 + [new master user code]
do this in one smooth series of keystrokes. Hesitating more than a couple of seconds between keystrokes kicks you out of code programming and the new code won't take. Test the new code by turning the chime on and off.

Old 07-10-13, 07:27 PM
Thanks so much Ron for the prompt response!! I have 1 important follow-up question. As my battery and power connection is located in the basement, this will have to be a 2-person operation so that I can be available upstairs to punch in * and # immediately after restoring AC. Now, as my basement has motion detectors, and (as in the past) can immediately set off the blaring alarm by any movement...can this hamper my entry of codes and getting in and out of programming mode? or do you suggest, I pre-emptively remove batteries from all motion sensors in the basement (tedious job due to access)

Old 07-10-13, 07:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Not a problem. That 50 second window is when the system is restarting and none of the devices are active.

Old 07-11-13, 08:17 PM
Thank you so much Ron!! Everything wirked just fine and I am all re-set and abke to arm and disarm the system with my own code!!

Closed Thread