Help with a summit 3208 key pad

Old 11-04-05, 01:24 PM
trophystock
Visiting Guest
Help with a summit 3208 key pad

In my house I have a system with a summit 3208 key pad. Everything has been great for several years till my battery went dead and the power went out. Now my access code doesn't work anymore. The system was installed by the previous owner so I have no manuals or even a clue for that matter. Is there a master access code? How do I get the system back up and running?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-05, 04:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
Go to this site for a manual. They have it posted in the clear, so it shouldn't be an issue. If you need any help with the terminology, let us know.

Old 11-05-05, 06:03 PM
trophystock
Visiting Guest
I had already downloaded the manual. In the manual the default master code is 123456. When I tried that code it didnot work. I then called Scott the tech guy at the distributor but he didn't want to help me since I wasn't a "professional". He gave me the name and number of the authorized agent in the area and said if I call ed them and they came out he could walk them through the steps to get into it again. I would like to get my alarm working again.

Old 11-06-05, 01:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
If you know the identity of the original installer, you can make an educated guess. Installers nearly always use the same codes over and over again. It could be the last digits of their phone number, their street address, their business licence number, or some simple pattern on the keypad. One major brand uses 6321, another oses 0852, etc.

Old 11-06-05, 04:58 PM
trophystock
Visiting Guest
I've punched numbers till I'm blue in the face, nothing yet

Old 10-26-12, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
This is probably too late for the original poster, but the answer in in the Manual.
Quoting from Manual: Power On Default: The summit control panel's default programs can be restored during the 40 seconds following a power up using the unalterable code "123456". This code is valid as long as the power on default feature is not activated.
End of quote.

My interpretation is the battery must be disconnected and mains power is disconnected.
After applying the mains power, you have 40 seconds to enter the 123456 which would allow you to access the programming functions.
You would certainly need a manual and some programming knowledge to reprogram the panel, since all the zone parameters would be reset to default parameters on a panel reset.
I hope this is of assistance to someone facing a similar situation.