GE Concord express

Old 11-05-05, 05:19 PM
Visiting Guest
GE Concord express

I have a Simon 3 wireless alarm panel now but tiredof its frequent sensor failures.
My home comes hardwired with a GE Concord express. I dont have the master code. I realize that it is possible to clear the memory and installing a new keypad.
I am sure I saw in the archives but is this(resetting master code) doable at all without complications.

The Question is, How many hardwire sensors it can support. I am kinda confused from the information material. Is it just limited to 6 hardwired zones or can it be any mix of hardwired and wireless zones?.
I sure have more than 6 hardwired sensors.

Additionally are these wireless sensors for Simon 3(micro chips) reliable. What is the general sense of experience in the field?. I can't understand why these sensors keep failing so often at odd hours.

Thanks in advance for replies.
Regards

Old 11-06-05, 12:39 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
The wireless devices for the Concord and the Simon are the same transmitters. Normally they are _very_ reliable. If they are more than 4-5 years old, you may be coming up on the limits of the battery age, and usually a fresh round of batteries eliminates the problem. Try to get your batteries from some place that rotates it's stock pretty well. Those lithium batteries have been known to "leak down" hanging on the rack, so look at the dating on the package and get the most recent dates. If you live in an enviroment where other wireless devices like cell and cordless phones have problems, then you may have to completely abandon wireless.

Ok a bit of terminology translation: ITI, for reasons unknown, uses the phrase "sensor" where every other maker uses "zone".

These panels have 6 hardwired inputs, and will also work with 16 wireless transmitters.
The tricky thing is that clearing the memory will _not_ reset the installer and dealer codes to default. If you still had the original alphanumeric keypad, you could try to access the system by guessing at the installer code, but if you have to buy a new keypad, you may consider just starting from scratch, unless you are fairly confident and can get the keypad, fairly easily.

Old 11-08-05, 04:17 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
concord express

For the installer code try 8432102 then 8432100. You need an alaph keypad to program the system.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: