DSC 832 (5010): Ready light turning off

Old 11-08-05, 06:53 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC 832 (5010): Ready light turning off

I am new to this site. Any help will greatly be appreciated. I have just defaulted my system and can use IC 5010 to get to installer programming. However, I must hold down 1 to get the ready light to turn on. After about 30 seconds the ready light turns off and I can't get the system to respond unless I hold down 1 again.

Thanks,

Fred

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-05, 08:04 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 46 Votes on 45 Posts
Ummm... I think we'll need a little more information. You've defaulted the panel. I'm assuming that you have restored the zone wiring to what it was before did the default.

What were your original zone set up as? Have you already tried to reprogram the zones? Holding down the 1 key to get a ready sounds rather odd unless there's something like a smoke detector on a zone, or something that needs a specific configuration.

If you are in installer programming, the ready light means something different.

Old 11-09-05, 01:22 PM
C
I wasn't aware of this need becuase the system recognized that when the front door was open (by lighting the 1 on the LED). Anyways, I haven't restored the zone wiring. I'm not sure how to do this. Here is the original setup:

Z1 Front Door
Z2 Garage Door
Z3 Back Door
Z7 Glass Break
Z8 Motion Detector

I am confused about how to setup the zones. After IC-001, I can enter only a 2 digit code (which I chose to be 01 ... Delay 1 Zone). Does this enter 01 for all zones from 1-8? Another option, IC-101, 102, 103, 107, 108, but with this way when I enter in each digit it lights that digit immediately on the LED...so I'm assuming that it won't accept an entry of 01.

I am very confused (this book seems like it was written in another language) and any help you can provide you greatly be appreciated.

Old 11-09-05, 03:11 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
DSC is Canadian, and sometimes the turns of phrase they use can be confusing.

Zones 1, 2, 3, 7, & 8? That's an odd layout. Are you sure that your windows aren't on the other 3 zones?

Anyway, once you enter the section, you enter the zone consecutively. In your case, assuming that zones 4, 5 and 6 are not being used at all, and both the front and garage doors are entry doors, you would enter the following:

01 01 03 (unless it's also an entry delay door, in which case it would be 01) 00 00 00 04 05

What the the LED lights are showing are the Hexadecimal version of the keystroke you enter, and it will beep twice when it moves to the first digit of the next slot.

The system _sort_ of worked before, because the default setting for zone 1 happens to be the correct one.

Old 11-09-05, 03:23 PM
C
I entered in the settings (using 001) and it gave some confirmation beeps after Z8 was entered. I clicked # to exit. Ready light turns on after exiting programming mode, but still turns off after about 20-30 seconds.

Old 11-09-05, 03:25 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Are you, by chance, standing in the field of view of the motion detector? If so, you have to stand still until it settles. When the ready light goes off, what zones are showing as open?

Old 11-09-05, 03:29 PM
C
No, I'm not in view of the motion detector. No zones are showing as open when the ready light goes off and none will respond until I hold down 1 and the ready light comes back on.

Old 11-09-05, 08:59 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
I think I know what you may have done. If you accidentally set the keypad as a global keypad, then you will get that effect. (By pressing 1 you are selecting partition 1) Go back into programming and in section 000 enter 11 for the keypad slot assignment.

Old 11-10-05, 06:13 AM
C
YES, THE READY LIGHT STAYS ON! I was thinking that if there is only one keypad, then it is the global keypad.

But we still aren't done... I got an email from my alarm company (NextAlarm.com) saying

"I think perhaps your alarm panel is not set to use the ContactID reporting format. Can you double-check that this is the case?"

I think that I want reporting code (34) for Z1-Z3 and (31) for Z7-Z8. How do I do this? The only thing I can find out about programming for Contact ID is the account number, not how to program a reporting code for each zone. To initially setup the panel to report in 'contact ID' I tried IC-360 02 02, but that didn't seem to change anything.

Old 11-10-05, 12:31 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Contact ID setup for a Power 832 is a little bit of a headache the first time you try to set one up. Even for someone who reads a _lot_ of tech instructions, their instructions are pretty fuzzy.

You have to set the format in section 360 for 03 03 (DTMF Contact ID), then you have to go to each zone and trouble that you wish the panel to report and enter the appropriate contact ID code from the appendixes at the back of the manual. (It sounds like a pain in the neck, but this was one of the first non-ademco panels to offer CID, and they have never changed the design).

Old 11-11-05, 09:43 AM
C
You have no idea of how much pain...

How do I enter contact ID codes for each zone? I see that IC-101 will let you update some settings for Z1, but not the contact ID code.

Old 11-11-05, 03:05 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
You enter those in the programming sections starting at section 320 with the rest of the communicator programming. You only need to put data in the sections where you will actually be wanting a report sent.

Old 11-12-05, 05:40 AM
C
FINALLY!!! YES!!!! IT WORKS!!!!

This is my last request...setting up two different alarm modes (stay & away). Outside of the following, they would be the same: stay would not have the motion detector activated.

Old 11-13-05, 11:21 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
All you have to do is program any motion zone as an interior stay/away zone (Zone type 05), and the system will automatically bypass those zones when armed in stay mode. If you arm the system without opening and closing one of the entry/exit doors, it automatically arms in stay mode.