Vista 20P pager / Verizon Cell Phone

Old 11-15-05, 06:24 PM
robchow
Visiting Guest
Vista 20P pager / Verizon Cell Phone

Hello,

I recently purchased a home that has a Safewatch Pro 3000 (Vista 20P) system that was installed by ADT. Previous owner moved oversea and was kind enough to continue to have the alarm monitored by ADT since it has another 14 months before the contract expires. They provided the security code to the system and pass code to ADT. While reading the owners manual I see the system is capable of doing many other things such as pager notification of activity.

Going through this site and some searches on the web, I was able to obtain the installer code and installation manual for this model.

I spoke with ADT support and they do not support paging to a cell phone but I think that there is a way around this. Since the system is being monitored by ADT, I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me to ensure that I am programming the pager function correctly.

Cell number (fake): 987-2345

1) Accessing the system so I can input my pager number (section 160)
I have caller ID block on my phone so if it says "restricted" I don't pick up the call. Do you know if there is a way not to have caller id block for calling my cell number other than removing this feature? Someone mentioned that I can use *82 before dialing the called number and it works; but how do I input this sequence on the alarm system?
Command
*160 9872345*

2) Entering my Pin number in section 161
For Verizon, number 5-key will allow you to send a page.
Command
*161 5*

3) Setting the report option of Number 5 (Report all alarms/troubles, open/close for all users.
Command
*162 5

4) Set the pager delay to allow time for the system to call ADT.
Command
*172 1

5) To exit
Command

Do I need to do anything else? Set all users enable to page?

Thanks

Old 11-15-05, 07:07 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts
For the phone number enter the phone number like this:
*82(pause)987-6543 (enter the * by keying [# + 11], and the pause by entering [# +13])

Yes, set all users to page.

Old 11-16-05, 10:37 AM
robchow
Visiting Guest
MrRonFL,

Thank you for the reply. I actually thought about using the special characters combination (* by keying [# + 11], and pause by keying [# +13]); as I have yet to try it, does it work? According to the installation manual, section 160 states to enter up to 20 DIGITS (not characters). Section 161 does mention that characters can be used. Will keying #11 in section 160 become * or will the system just treat it as actual keyed typed (#11)?

Thanks

Old 11-16-05, 05:06 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, those instructions assume that you have already read the section on programming the reciever phone numbers in *41, so they didn't repeat the information. As far as a dialer is concerned, a special character is a "digit". What those keystrokes do is generate a hexadecimal character that the system knows to interpret in specific ways.

The only thing you might need is possibly a pause in *161, before the 5. It really depends on the speed of the system being connected to. Try it the way you wrote it, it will probably work.

You have the right idea, the only trick is adjusting it to Verizon's system.

Old 11-16-05, 05:56 PM
robchow
Visiting Guest
MrRonFL,

Thank you very much for your assistance. I will give it a try and make adjustment at field *161 as necessary. If you could you answer a few more questions that would be great.

1) I read at another forum that I would need to remove entries at fields *41, *42 to make this work. Is that true? Will it cause problems to the monitoring company (ADT)? I would like to implement the paging function alongside with the monitoring, not lieu of it.

2) For section *172, what is a good delay so not to interfere with the monitoring company (ADT)?

3) Before I make this change (apply the paging feature), I would like to review/document what how the current system is configured by ADT? This is just in case I need to reconfigure from scratch. What is the best approach to document this? Should I use a program sheet and list how things are configured?

Thanks

Old 11-16-05, 08:11 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Offset the paging by one minute to begin. Most monitoring dial ups are complete in that span of time. Again, you will have to experiment. You can have multiple reporting, especially on one of these systems.

Yup, just make a copy of the program sheet and use the # instead of * for each section, and the system will obediently read back it's contents.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: