ADT Safewatch/entrepreneur programming issues

Old 11-18-05, 06:25 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ADT Safewatch/entrepreneur programming issues

I have a ADT Safewatch system (Moose z900) in a house that i just bought. I do not have the system monitored as i have no reason to have a land line. I have reset what i believe to be the master code (the original owners provided this). Here is what i'm trying to do:

1: I would like the door chime to work, i would like to know when a door is open, and it would be even better if this thing is able to alert me when i walk in that the system is armed.

2: the siren does a 1 second burst or self test whenever the system is armed.

3: the system is also in two digit arming mode (not a big deal)

I have tried holding down the 6 key to activate the chime, after three seconds it does a single beep but that is all.

I have tried entering the user/installer level programing by doing this...
hold 9 for a few seconds until it beeps three times, enter my 4 digit code, all led's flash, i press 163# (chime), it stops there by giving one long (3 second) beep. Same holds true when i attempt the siren burst code (158), i am immediatley kicked out of programming mode.

Is this one of those deals where since i'm not monitored that i cannot control anything?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this system is on the virge of getting trashed.

Old 11-18-05, 06:53 PM
S
OK, i think i have partially figured this out. Apparently there is a difference between the master and installer codes . The default installer code 96321 does not take, and my master code only permits functions 1-9. If i restore the factory default programming will that reset the installer code back or is this hard-coded by the manufacturer?

Old 11-18-05, 08:21 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 261 Upvotes on 240 Posts
I _think_ that it will default, but be aware that the ADT versions were pretty heavily modified. There are a lot of programming areas that are substantially different. If you search through this forum, there were a number of threads on these system a few months ago.

Old 11-19-05, 10:24 AM
S
I'm going to attempt to do a the full blown reset on the system, if i can find the thread. I have the manual that came with the system which shows the program function map. After some playing around last night i discovered that there is no entry delay on any of the doors and the alarm is silent. So it is basically a useless system without monitoring. Wish me luck.

Old 11-19-05, 10:50 AM
S
My luck just ran out... I tried powering down the system, unplugged the battery and unhooked the transformer from the wall, waited a few seconds, plugged the transformer back in, went to the keypad and presses[*] & [#], now i'm deaf becuase it kicked off the interior siren which is directly above that key pad.

So the backdoor programming is not accessible, is there a jumper reset or something on this board?

Old 11-19-05, 11:29 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Umm, I think you confused this panel with one of the ademco panels. The power up bootstrap to program mode is [3 + 9]. [* + #] is the panic combo.

You don't have to default the entire program. Location 250 defaults the master code to 1245, and the installer code is set in location 255.

Depending on which version of this panel you have, the problem you may find is that the requirement for this thing to call the ADT reciever may be hardwired and cannot be disabled (this system was common during their worst propriatory period)

Old 11-20-05, 02:37 PM
S
That was it, i was able to get into the installer mode. Now this thing actually works! Not sure if my system is slightly different or not, but the installer code reset was [181] followed by the new six digit code.

I appreciate all your help.

Old 11-20-05, 03:20 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
That sounds right. I do know that the program layout for the ADT version is significantly different from the standard Moose design, but I've never had my hands on the ADT version of the program map (It was uncommon in this region, for some reason).

I'm glad it all worked out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: