Ademco 4140 programming problem

Old 12-19-05, 07:07 PM
Cougar
Visiting Guest
Ademco 4140 programming problem

My Ademco 4140 will no longer allow me to enter the programming mode using the installer code. I tried entering by powering up the system and pressing the * and # keys within 30 seconds but that doesn't work either because the system arms itself in "Instant" mode immediately on power up.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there a fix for it? Everything else on the system works fine but I need to change the master code and cannot do this without accessing the programming mode.

Old 12-19-05, 07:30 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Aside from making sure you are remembering to disconnect the battery as well as AC power, the only thing I can think of is to have someone hold down the * + # keys while you restore power. I suspect that the last time programming was exited, it was done with *98 instead of *99.

Old 12-20-05, 08:31 AM
Cougar
Visiting Guest
I thought so as well but I found it strange that it keeps defaulting to the "armed" state after the power up. I can use the master code to then disarm it but by then it is too late to enter the */# configuration to enter the programming mode. I hope this system isn't toast. . . everything else works fine on it.

Old 12-20-05, 05:20 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
I want to say that this model may have had an option to power up in the armed state after a power loss. When it was new, this was a fairly high end model used in a lot of commercial installations.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: