Moose Z1100 - Programming Problems

Old 01-02-06, 10:37 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Moose Z1100 - Programming Problems

Believe this is just a "Z1100" series. All of the sudden the chime function will not work (6 + PAC), cannot disable delay zones (5 + PAC), cannot disable interior zones (4 + PAC), cannot test zones (8 + PAC). System will allow me to bypass zones. Otherwise, system will arm in the delay exit mode, and functions properly when tripped. Any suggestions?

Any idea what the Master Program code might be? Cannot change or add PAC's without it?

Old 01-02-06, 11:10 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 265 Upvotes on 244 Posts
The default program code is 98765. If you can't get it to take that, there is a way to enter programming mode by turning the power switch off, closing the little wire loop "switch" at the center left edge of the system board, and powering back on. The system will restart in user program mode.

Just remember to power back down and open the switch when you are done.

Old 01-02-06, 12:00 PM
D
Moose Z1100 Programming Problems

Thanks - lucked out and the Master code you gave me still worked. Entered an additional PAC and all of the system functions are back working. Don't know why, but I'm happy!

Old 01-02-06, 01:45 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The older eeproms tend to get a little flakey. If the battery backup is more than 5 years old, you should seriously replace it. A power failure on a failing battery will often cause one of these systems to have odd programming glitches, like overwriting the user codes with garbage.

Old 09-11-06, 07:15 PM
H
MOOSE Z1100 problem

Hi, I have a similar problem after an extended power failure.I cant arm the system or even get into programming mode.I tried to power off and turn program switch on and try to enter Master Code but it still wont take the 98765..(my switch is on the right side of board).Any help would be greatly appreciated! When it powers on, the ready light is blinking,if that helps.

Old 09-20-06, 03:31 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The blinking ready light means that one or more zones have been bypassed ("shunted" is the term that Moose used).

When you use the program switch, it is already in user programming when it powers up, so you skip that step (of entering the installer code) and go directly to the section of programming that you are trying to change.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: