DSC pc1550

Old 01-21-06, 02:01 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC pc1550

I have two PC1550- DSC units in use now but I would like to upgrade with an alarm unit that has a dialer in, using the existing panel box sensors and wiring.

I would also like to be able to program this new unit, using the downloaded software, with my laptop. Any ideas about the cheapest way I can do this.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-06, 07:50 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
As long as your contacts an other external wiring are in good shape, you can swap out the control and keypads for any other 12v alarm system.

It sounds like you are trying to combine two seperate alarms into a single system. If so, it may take a bit of creative wiring, but is doable.

I'll give you the standard answer about downloader software: It was really designed for setting up multiple standardized alarm systems, it is generally more hassle than help for a do it yourselfer. If you want to try it, go ahead, but it's not really designed for routine system maintainence and control.

You could look at the ELK M1 platform, But I don't know where it would sit on your price point.

Old 01-24-06, 08:21 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Marv
I have two PC1550- DSC units in use now but I would like to upgrade with an alarm unit that has a dialer in
are you trying have the system monitored by a central station? if so the 1550 is perfectly capable of this. If you are trying to use a dialer to call your cell phone or pager for example, it can do this as well with an external dialer. I can't think of a panel stock out of the box that will handle dialing a cell and having anything legable to the listener. Most panels you will hear 4 beeps and then it hangs up.