DSC 832 Telephone Trouble

Old 02-08-06, 10:36 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC 832 Telephone Trouble

I bought a house with a DSC 832 alarm system with LED panel. I guess the previous owner had it monitored, but I just want to use it as a stand-alone alarm. I intermittently get the trouble alarm (double beep-10 sec. interval). The *2 brings up 3 - telephone trouble. That is probably because no telephone is hooked up to it. The trouble light stays on and the trouble alarm goes off every once in a while.

How do I eliminate the telephone trouble light and alarm?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-06, 11:13 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 103 Votes on 95 Posts
You will need to be able to access programming on your panel. It elmiminate this problem, you need to turn off the dialer in programming section 380 opion 1, and the line monitor in section 015 option 7.

Do you have the programming code for this system?

Old 02-08-06, 12:13 PM
H
Programming Code

I downloaded the Installation Manual and tried using the suggested installer codes * 8 (installer code) . I used 5010, 6321, and 5555 and the result was a long beep, not the Program light blinking. So, what should I do now? I really don't want to do the default with full programming necessary (and I'm not sure I can really do it, anyway).

Houston Kid

Old 02-08-06, 04:49 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If you know the company that originally installed the system, you can try the common dodges like the last digits of their phone number, their street address, etc. Otherwise, short of defaulting the system, your only other choice is keying in code after code until you hit the jackpot.

Old 02-09-06, 08:35 AM
H
Thanks

I tried all of the suggested combinations plus some more and I still cannot get into Program mode. While the trouble light is still burning, at least the periodic doulbe beep every 10 seconds has stopped. I'm OK with the trouble light on right now, so I guess I will leave the system as it is and wait to do any default reprogramming.

Thank you MrRonFL for your suggestions and speedy replies.

Houston Kid

Old 02-13-06, 06:18 AM
L
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Exclamation

The easy solution, perhaps not the most technical, connect a phone line to the terms, it will see the voltage and be happy.

Old 02-13-06, 04:51 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Not necessarily with a DSC. The telephone line monitor and failure to communicate are two seperate functions. You would still have a trouble unless it happens to connect to the programmed monitoring number and get a kiss-off.