Check Zone 9??

Old 03-12-06, 04:00 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Check Zone 9??

Ademco 4100 xm.

While I was changing my master code, I some how did somthing to zone 9. From reading, it looks like zone 9 is dedicated for a communications port.? ? Well now the keypad displays CHECK 9. So how do I get rid of this zone 9. My system only has 3 zones which are still all currently working.

Thanks.

Josh

Old 03-12-06, 11:18 PM
jdeanth
Visiting Guest
The small ademco panels check 09 generally means some thing wrong with the zone expansion. Be it a hardwire zone expander or wireless. If you used the power down method to get into programming, may you pulled a wire loose. Also, please check the model of panel again. That is a strange number for Ademco. If you have only 3 zones are they hardwired to the board or wireless?

Old 03-13-06, 05:31 AM
C
Sorry, its 4110 XM

No wireless sensors, all are hardwired. It started as I was trying to add an aditional code.
I found out when you enter the master code + 8 + 03 it will go into programming, of course I thought I was adding user code 3. (I now know its 3 and not 03) After entering my new code, that's when I realized it was in programming and did the *99 exit. About a min later, the panel started beeping and displayed CHECK 9. I can bypass that zone, but I'd like it back to normal, and without a programmers guide, I'm not sure what I did or how to correct it.

Thanks,
Josh.

Old 03-13-06, 11:39 AM
jdeanth
Visiting Guest
I think field 24 is the RF house code. It should be 00 if dont have wireless. Also depending on the code you typed in after going into programming is what fields you changed.

Old 03-13-06, 11:44 AM
jdeanth
Visiting Guest
As for a manual, do a web search for 4110 xm installation manual or program guide. You should be able to find something.

Old 03-13-06, 05:22 PM
C
Thanks that was it.

Speaking of manuals, www.panelguides.com has them.

Thanks!

Josh

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: