I have an adt safewatch sytem

Old 03-27-06, 01:04 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have an adt safewatch sytem

I have an adt safewatch pro system in my house. I am not sure of any other model numbers. First question is how to find out what model I have? next question is, I unplugged the battery and the sytem. When I plug it in the panel says not ready and d1, then after awhile it starts to cycle thru 01-04 and still says not ready? Any ideas, I really want to get this system working again. It came with the house. Thanks alot. This forum is great, you guys really helped me get my business sytem up and running so I hope you can help with this one. Thanks.

Old 03-27-06, 03:34 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
From the indicators, it's one of the Ademco clones. It's cycling through open zones (either open hardwired zones, or wireless transmitters that are missing or have dead batteries).

To find out the specific model, open the door of the cabinet where the battery is housed. Most of the time, there will be a wiring diagram on the inside of the door with the model number. If not, the circuit board will have a number beginning with SA or SAV somewhere on it.

Old 03-27-06, 04:03 PM
I have been trying to help and received the following information from him.

I looked in the box that houses the board but there are no real marks, the board has the following on it, wa10adt-10, sa142genc, wo32291,a145. It also says Safewatch pro& security manager on the box itself. the keypad just says safewatchpro. on the cicuit board it says sa6128-1 d and wa32303, a134. Other than that I don't see anything else and i don't see anything that looks like the keypad on those sites.

I think this is a Vista 10SE ?? Did I research this correctly?

Last edited by Pete OldNavy; 03-27-06 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-27-06, 06:41 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Vista 10se sounds right for this system. Now the question remains as to whether they have hardwired or wireless devices. Gaining control of the system is pretty straightforward, assuming no lockout.

Old 03-28-06, 05:54 AM
S
All hard wired

Mr.RonFL,
The system does appear to be an Ademco vista 10se. I have all hardwired zones, window sensors, motion sensors, and smoke alarms. I have six zones (front door, fisrt floor,basement,second floor, smokes, motions). The panel is saying not ready in the bottom right corner, AC in the top right corner, and is cycling between 01-04, in the top left corner. I understand that this is showing open zones. Is there a way to stop that/bypass the zones to see if the rest of the system works? Then I can go ahead and replace those sensors if need be.....
Thanks alot,
Tom

Old 03-28-06, 05:29 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, you can get the user manual easily from the ADT website or the Honeywell/Ademco website. This will give you the instructions for bypassing zones, among other things.

Assuming that the ADT typical installer code (6321) is in the system, (you can test this by pressing 6321 + 9. If the chime function turns on, then we are on a roll.

To key in a new master code key in

[installer code] + 8 + 2 + [new 4 digit code]

Don't hesitate more than a second or so between keystrokes. Test the new master code by trying the chime function again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: