Dialing functions - Ademco 4110XM

Old 04-05-06, 06:56 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dialing functions - Ademco 4110XM

I'm trying to get my new system (Ademco 4110XM) to STOP dialing my cellphone so many times upon alarm! On my old system (FBI XL2T) I was able to program the amount of dial-outs (1 ~ 16). I had it call me twice. Don't see that feature in the installer's manual of the 4110, and the dang thing calls me more than my ex!

Thanks in advance,

D. Ocean
VIP Video, Inc.
Miami, FLA

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-06, 07:31 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
The 4110xm doesn't have a pager function, and so will keep calling until it either hits its fixed dial attempt count, which is not changeable, or gets a central station confirmation "kiss off".

Old 04-05-06, 07:53 PM
D
Well...inside the cover of the installation manual is an update: "Information concerning new features with microprocesor part number N7185V3 or higher"...

2. Capability has been added for the control to call a pager on the secondary telephone number. This can only be used if the primary reporting format is Ademco Contact ID (which I have mine programmed for).

Touch-tone codes sent to the pager are:

1911= Alarm
1001 = Open
1002 = Close
1811 = Trouble

I'm thinking if I change the dialing delay to 15 sec., that will give me time to turn the alarm off before it dials my cell (I set the alarm for "Instant Away"). I don't mind it calling me when someone is really breaking in to the warehouse...just don't want it to call me 10 times every time I go in. Unfortunately, that 15 sec. delay could give someone knowledgable time to disable the system...

Old 04-06-06, 04:43 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
My copy of the manual was from the original version.

In location *49 program a 6, 7, or 8 to set the pager function to work. Do not program a phone number in the primary account location (*41), only in the secondary (*42). It should only attempt to call the pager/phone once (as long as it gets an answer). The reporting format needs to be set as contact ID.

There is still no dialer count control.

Old 04-06-06, 05:45 PM
D
That'll work. I'll enter my cellphone as the "pager number".

I'll let you know how it goes.

Many thanks,

D. Ocean

Old 12-10-09, 04:20 PM
P
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Cool ademco 4110xm

can someone tell me where all these wires connect to? i have a motion sensor, siren, glass breakage detector, two door contacts and keypad... and all the wires are in the main box but not going anywhere to the "board". also i do not know how to program it, once programmed id like for it to call my cell twice or whatever, not to a "monitoring service" (no contact info on open forums; bad idea, and against forum policy) kevin, thanks

Last edited by MrRonFL; 12-10-09 at 05:06 PM. Reason: removal of contact info
Old 12-10-09, 05:11 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Start with an installation manual:

http://httsinc.com/User%20Manuals/4110xm-im.pdf

This one is for version 5. As you may have read above, different versions have different features.

If your wires have not actually been connected to terminals, then this is a much more difficult process. Lacking info on what wire does what, the best you can do is use a wire tracing device (tone/wand set to find what does what)

In other words, at this point there is insufficient data to form a meaningful answer...

Old 12-10-09, 05:35 PM
P
i know what wires go to what devices. meaning , i know wire "A" goes to the motion... but on the board it has 20 screws. the motion and the glass sensor both have 4 wires to them, siren 2, door sensors 2 .. but this is a NEW system and i guess what im asking is" i would like for someone that knows these systems to please call me and walk me through where those wires go, i.e the motion goes on screws 7 and 8 , glass sensor goes on 9/10 ect then once its all attached plug it in and tell me what to press to "program it for the first time." i bought this for private use and i do not want a monitoring service to come do it cause i want to be the one to respond. (please, do not post email addresses, it attracts spambots) . email me directly. and i have the manual, too complicated to get it, what happened to the easier diagram... green and red go on 7/8 and the power wires for the sensor and motion go to ?? what screws.. im lost.

Last edited by MrRonFL; 12-10-09 at 05:39 PM. Reason: removal of email address
Old 12-10-09, 05:46 PM
P
ok well apparently they omitted my email so if someone has a number to call and has a little bit to help out i'd appreciate it. my number is listed .

Old 12-10-09, 05:48 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Hmmm, if you are installing a 4110 "new", you do realize that this is system that was discontinued in _1998_...

Look, I'm here to teach you to fish. This is basic DC wiring. If you cannot follow the wiring diagrams or understand the terminology, then you _may_ want to call in a pro.

That said: Zone inputs are just switches. You are making normally closed series circuits. For these, polarity does not matter.

The keypads go to the keypad inputs. You match the connections according to the wiring diagram.

Motions require power and get their power from the same connections that supply DC power to the keypads.

This is not really something that one can be walked through remotely. Alarms are, by definition, custom installations. There are _no_ universal answers.

Old 12-10-09, 05:53 PM
P
Exclamation

no... i didnt know they were discontinued in 98.. that makes me made cause i bought 5 of them. i seen the diagram that says its a 6 zone, but i still need someone to teach me what i need to know, cant learn without a helper, hell, i did GOOD to figure out the wires. keypad has 4 wires to it also. power to it is also power to motion/glass breakage sensors ? .

Old 12-10-09, 06:10 PM
P
ok, so the little transformer that goes to screw 1/2 is my power in, if i use red/green from the motion to that for power(?) then the other two go to (example) 7/8 thats my trigger. correct ?

Old 12-10-09, 06:24 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Alarm system manuals are written with the assumption of a 6basic knowlege of electrical and electronic terminology and procedures.

Look at the wiring diagram at the back of the manual.

Terminal 1 & 2 are 16vac input from the wall plug transformer

Terminal 3 is the + 12vdc siren output
Terminal 4 is -dc common point shared by the siren, keypad(s) and any aux power loads (such as the power required by motion detectors)
Terminal 5 is + DC power shared by keypad(s) and Aux power loads.
Terminal 6 is data out to keypads and expansion boards
Terminal 7 is data return from keypads and expansion boards
Terminal 8-16 are zone inputs. Even numbers are zones 1-6, odd numbers are the commons shared by the pairs of zones. Again, for normal contact points, polarity does not matter; these are just fancy switches, but there does need to be a 1000 ohm resistor in series with any zone loop.

17-20 are the telephone connections.

Read through the stickys at the top of the forum. One of them has basic vocabularity, and others have links to sites with basic electronics info.

Old 12-10-09, 06:34 PM
P
with that said (and THANK YOU) ... i have them all connected, however, i have the 6 1000 ohm resistors are NOT in line, looking at the diagraham, it says to . place them in line of the HI side. so one from the door trigger gets one, the back door gets one, the motion gets one and the glass breakage gets one... i only have two doors in my shop, lol... if this is correct them please let me know, i also need to program it. thats where i really need the help MrRon...

Old 12-10-09, 07:13 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The resistors go in series (one end on the zone input, the other connected to your zone wire). Electrically it really doesn't matter which side of the loop they are installed on. They do have to be installed, and they need to be used to close the unused zone inputs.

_Read_ the section of the manual titled "Programming the system". That's what tells you what to expect from the programming interface and how to enter the data.

Look at the programming worksheet that came with your system. The numbers in parenthesis are the default settings.

Alarms are custom installations. There is no substitute for reading the instructions.