New system armed by mistake

Old 04-14-06, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New system armed by mistake

Just moved in to a model house prewired with a safewatch pro 3000, I have instruction and installer guides, one of which had the arm/disarm code written on it, 1234. I was even able to verify that the sytem was left without being locked out, the standard 6321 was able to get me into the install mode. The system was already programmed for the various zones and I wasn't interested in changing anything, so I exited programming. Because I had the same system in my old house and was so used to using the #2 sequence to arm the system, I did that instead of using the arm code of 1234, then 2. The system proceeded to arm itself, but of course when attempted to disarm it using 1234, it didn't work. So oviously the code is NOT what was written down in the install guide. I've tried unplugging the power and battery for more then 24 hours, but when I plug the system back in it returns the arm state. What can I do?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-06, 04:38 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
If 1234+1(off) doesn't disarm the system, you can power it down and bootstrap it into program mode (see the forum FAQ). When you exit program mode with *99, it should be disarmed. You can then check the mastercode by trying to turn on the chime function (code + 9). If it doesn't work, change the master code by entering [installer code] + 8 + 02 + [new code].

Old 04-14-06, 06:24 PM
Disarmed

After I posted I looked around and found the reboot, *# trick, which worked to get the system out of armed mode. Of course the 1234 wouldn't do anything, but I overwrote it with a new code and now I'm good to go. Is there any way to have the system list the users that are programed and/or their codes?

Thanks much.

Old 04-14-06, 07:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
Nope, that's not one of the features of this system. If you think other codes may be programmed into the system, you can enter: Master code + [8] + 2-digit user no. + [#] [0] (additional user codes are numbered 03-49) Installer code is 01 and Master is 02, and should not be erased with this command.

Old 04-15-06, 12:24 AM
Talking Thanks

Thank you so much for the quick responses. Although I just signed up I can already see how helpful these forums are.