Ademco Lynx Communications Error FC

Old 04-26-06, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ademco Lynx Communications Error FC

I have an error code FC on my Lynx security ysstem. I just bought the house and have not connected to a monitoring service. I just want to know how to get rid of the FC error so it stops with that really lous beeping around midnight everynight. Does anyone know how to bypass this code?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-06, 05:22 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
FC meand Failure to communicate. If you are not going to have the system monitored, you will need to access programming to erase the phone numbers currently programmed into the unit.

Do you have an installation manual? If not, we can give you the basic steps to take care of this minor adjustment.

Old 04-27-06, 06:20 AM
No, I dont have the manual. The previous owner said that they left it in the kitchen droor but I cannot find it anywhere. THank for your help.

Old 04-27-06, 12:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If you are lucky, the installer code was never changed:

Try entering 4112 + 8 + 00 or 6321 + 8 +00

If 20 shows on the display in either case you are ready for the next step, because the system will be in programming mode. If not, we do this the hard way:

Open the case, unplug the battery, then unplug the wall plug power pack, or trip the breaker for it's outlet. Close the case, then restore AC power: Within 50 seconds press * + # at the same time. This should kick you into program mode.

Once in program mode enter the following:
*41*, *42*, *46*, and *94*

This will erase all of the phone numbers programmed into the machine.

If you had to use * + # to go to program; press #20 and write down the numbers that the panel displays one at a time. This is the installer code.

Exit to run mode by entering *99

Reconnect the battery, and you should be done.

Old 05-01-06, 07:04 PM
Thank you. The latter code worked.

Old 02-27-09, 09:55 PM
MrRonFL , you were "spot on" with your advice and it helped me get rid of that FC code. Just went from a regular old POTS line to havinig our cable service provide telco service. This must have messed with any internal numbers programmed by the previous owner. Followed your instructions and wiped them out, and we're "good-to-go"...Just want to acknowledge your help, even two years + from your orginal post. Thanks !

Old 03-20-09, 10:20 AM
This worked perfectly! I had to power off because the installer code was change, but retrieved the code for later use by entering #20 as instructed.

I know the *41*, and *42* codes remove the 1st and second numbers, but what do the *46*, and *94* codes do?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post
If you are lucky, the installer code was never changed:

Try entering 4112 + 8 + 00 or 6321 + 8 +00

If 20 shows on the display in either case you are ready for the next step, because the system will be in programming mode. If not, we do this the hard way:

Open the case, unplug the battery, then unplug the wall plug power pack, or trip the breaker for it's outlet. Close the case, then restore AC power: Within 50 seconds press * + # at the same time. This should kick you into program mode.

Once in program mode enter the following:
*41*, *42*, *46*, and *94*

This will erase all of the phone numbers programmed into the machine.

If you had to use * + # to go to program; press #20 and write down the numbers that the panel displays one at a time. This is the installer code.

Exit to run mode by entering *99

Reconnect the battery, and you should be done.

Old 03-23-09, 12:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
*46 is the "follow me" feature phone number; *94 is the remote download computer phone number.

Old 03-26-09, 06:43 PM
This worked perfectly. Now I can start thinking about adding key remotes and additional motion sensors!

Old 03-28-11, 01:40 AM
I installed an Ademco LYNXR-I 3 years ago. Once in a while I would get the FC error message, but typing in master code + OFF would always clear it. Recently the alarm went off after I failed to enter the code within 1 minute after entering the house. Now I cannot clear the FC error code even by typing master code + OFF, and the panel beeps every 30 seconds when it is armed. It does not beep when it is disarmed, but shows "FC" on the screen. I have tried all of the advice on this thread. Does anyone have additional ideas? I have had this panel for 3 years and never had this problem before. I don't know what changed to make it start occuring now. Thank you for your help.

Old 03-28-11, 10:02 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Deleting the phone numbers should have absolutely cleared the FC.
(no phone number, no attempt to dial...)

When you went into programming, are you _sure_ you were actually in programming? Just keying in the codes in the thread do no good if the installer code is different from the factory default.

Old 09-04-12, 08:53 AM
I did what MrRonFL suggest on 4/27/06 and entered 631+8+00 and 20 showed on the display. I then entered *41* and the system beeped and then flashed 42, I did *42* and it beeped and flashed 43. I did the *46* and *94* and closed out with the *99. It seemed fine but then the system started beeping at 4:30 a.m., with the FC code again. Am I missing a step? Any suggestions?

Old 09-09-12, 07:05 PM
If you previously had cellular monitoring instead of standard POTS telephone monitoring, then you might get the FC code due to the cellular not communicating with the network anymore. This is just a hunch at best but if this is the case then you can follow the steps from MrRonFL and in addition enter *55 0. Then exit with *99. If this clears it completely then the cellular was most likely the culprit. Hope this helps some of you.

Old 09-14-12, 11:47 AM
Chronic FC Error

I had this same issue about 4 years ago. I tried everything to clear the FC error with no success. I finally called Ademco. They were very reluctant to provide the solution but after several questions they told me it was the backup BATTERY. I thought it was BS at first but decided to give it a try. I bought an alarm battery at Interstate Battery that lasted about a day, it wouldn't hold a charge. Took it back and bought a Sears Diehard. The FC went away. I was happy for 4 years until yesterday when the FC code displayed itself and won't clear. Time for a new battery.