DSC PC1550 No Power - Red & Black Appear Disconnected.

Old 05-01-06, 07:54 PM
DSC PC1550 No Power - Red & Black Appear Disconnected.

OK, I've lived in my house for 5 years, but never engaged our alarm system. To the best of my knowledge, it's never shown any sort of lights on the control pad or anything.

Now we want to power it up so that it beeps when we enter the doors (to help reduce our insurance). But again, there's simply no power.

I opened the control panel in our closet. I "appears" to me that the red and black wires, which I believe are coming from the AC power, are just dangling there. Each wire has a two-holed female connector on the end, but I don't see any sort of two-pinned male connections anywhere in the control panel. I simply don't see where these 2 wires need to be connected. But maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.

I've looked at the installer manual, but it doesn't show that much detail. ANY input would be GREATLY appreciated.

THANKS!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-06, 08:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Look more carefully at the diagram. Those are the connectors for the backup battery. The AC power comes from a plug in power pack in some nearby outlet. It's possible that someone removed the transformer from the outlet and tucked the wire in behind the outlet plate.

If there's an outlet in that closet that's where the 16v transformer most likely would have been.

Old 05-02-06, 06:10 AM
Forgive me, as I'm not well versed in this stuff.

But if I understand correctly, you're saying that this is an outlet wiring issue, and not necessarily a problem with my PC1550 wiring what-so-ever. Is that correct?

I know right where the plug is for the PC1550. So, I'll unplug it tonight and remove the outlet faceplate and ensure that it is wired up correctly and actually putting out power.

Do I have that right?

THANKS for your input!!!

Old 05-02-06, 12:25 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If there are no tell tales showing on the keypad, and the power pack is plugged into a live outlet, and the power wires are connected to the pack and to the main PC board (it should be the first two terminals), there may be larger problems than simply being powered down; you should have 16vac at the AC power inputs. There is a main power fuse, but that fuse blowing is generally a bad sign.

It could be anything from a bad power pack to a wiring issue. A lot of questions are more easily answered with a multimeter.

Old 05-02-06, 07:14 PM
I'll have to try to dig mine out.

That outlet appears to have power. So I'll have to trace it up into the box and see if the power is making it that far, then check the fuses. May need help identifying those. I'll write back if so.

THANK YOU!! And Go Gators!!! (class of 98)