New Lynx-R installation advice

Old 05-03-06, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New Lynx-R installation advice

Hi,

I recently purchased from an Auction an Ademco LYNXR-En control panel, 4 5816-transmitters, 2 5890PI motion detectors for installation in my townhouse. The items are used, and I understand I'd have to reset the panel for my usage. I have the Lynx installation manual and user manual in my possession as well.

Being new to security installations, my question is - Where do I start? The installation manual was very detailed but while it does tell me what functions it is capable of, it does really give an overall step-by-step installation procedure.

For example, first step, set the installer code. 2, mount the motion detectors and 5816 transmitters. 3, identify transmitters to lynx panel. 4, set zones for the transmitters. 5, etc etc..

I'd appreciate any kind of advice, direction anyone can provide.

Thanks!

Tom

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-06, 03:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
The reason that there's no step-by-step is because alarm systems are essentially custom installations, and every situation is a little different.

Since your hardware is used, start by going to program and entering *97 1. This will clear any settings to the most common factory defaults.

Since you are working with wireless devices, the best way to handle them and learn them in, is to learn them into the system, _then_ mount them. The learning process requires tripping the device, and it's easier to bring the device to the panel, rather than make a mad dash to the device to trip it in the time limit for the learn-in.

Generally, one shouldn't try to change the installer code or master code until all of the basic setup and configuration is done.