How to disconnect alarm from phone line

Old 05-15-06, 03:53 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to disconnect alarm from phone line

Hi, this is my first time to use this site, so forgive me if I am not doing it right. I have cancelled my alarm service, but would still like to set it at night just to alert me if there is an intruder. Unfortunately, the alarm is still trying to access the phone when I set it, or when the powere goes off during a storm. Also, I now have digital phone service, so there is no way for the alarm to "call" home. How do I keep my alarm from trying to "call" out, and how do I keep the keypad from beeping "trouble"? Please help. This thing beeps every minute.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-06, 06:31 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 103 Votes on 95 Posts
First, what make and model is the system? Second, who was the previous monitoring service? Some are easier to reprogram than others, some are effectively impossible.

Old 01-03-07, 09:27 PM
C
I am having hte same problem; I have a Concord Express ITI Part No 60-805. We are no longer having our system monitored and we no longer have a land line phone. The alarm notifies us of "trouble" a couple of times a day and in the middle of the night due to phone failure. Is there a way to turn off the trouble code or bypass it? Thanks for any help.

Old 01-04-07, 06:28 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 103 Votes on 95 Posts
First, you have two potential roadblocks:

For one, you need an alphanumeric keypad to access the programming, the fixed display keypad will not access programming.

For two, you need to know the installer code. If it has been changed from the factory default there is no way to bypass the installer code and access the programming.

The default code is 4321 (6321 if an ADT modified model). If 8 + [installer code] + 0 + 0 doesn't cause the keypad to display "System Programming", short of a lucky guess, your best bet is to simply replace the motherboard (and keypad, if you don't have a proper programming keypad).

Old 01-05-07, 10:36 AM
C
Thank you for the quick response! I did as you suggested but the options list wasn't extensive enough for the problem we were having--I may not have been doing it exactly correctly but I was only able to pull up options for basic functions such as time/date, etc. I ended up calling the former security provider directly (ADT) even though we have already cancelled service in hopes they could direct me to a local company that could help. They were actually able to send out a technician the same day (by 9:30 if you can believe it!) and he had to reprogram the system through the wire/signal box. We still a status message of a "zone 2 bus failure" but according to the technician, that is because we are not receiving monitoring service. The service call was completed in about 30 minutes and since we are no longer monitored by ADT, the cost was $107. For us it was well worth it to not have the panel beeping in the middle of the night.

Old 02-01-07, 09:09 PM
B
phone trouble

enter programming gp to field 015 turn 1 off the system will no longer look for dial tone