Determining Installer Code???

Old 06-09-06, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Determining Installer Code???

Have a new Concord 4 system and would like to verify I have the correct installer code so I can do some X-10 programming of lights - and had these questions.
Is there any way of using the basic keypad they sold me (not the Alphanumeric touchpad) of verifying that I have the correct installer code before I go out and buy the Alphanumeric keypad?
Is the istaller code the same as the system code?
Would I need any other codes from the installer to be able to program my X-10 commands into the system?
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-06, 02:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
Concord panels have an installer code _and_ a Dealer code as well as the master code. Their programming model relies on the alphanumeric keypad, so you are pretty much stuck without it.

Old 06-09-06, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, and I have ordered the alphanumeric keypad.
Could yu advise me as to what codes do I need to know in order to get in and program the X-10 lighting and perhaps other items?
Thanks again.

Old 06-09-06, 07:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The installer code is what you will need. Warning! Trying to default a Concord panel doesn't reset the codes. I don't have the manual for the Concord 4 in my database, but it's on the same model as the other Concord models.

Old 06-10-06, 04:53 AM
MrRonFL -
Thanks so much again...I've seen your name quite frequently here, and really appreciate you're willing to take the time to answer my questions...of course of which I have "one more".
The default on the Concord 4 from the manual appears to be 4321, but what do you mean by "trying to default a Concord panel doesn't reset the codes" and "it's on the same model as the other Concord models."?
Thanks again.

Old 06-10-06, 07:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
By "model" I mean that they all use the same programming interface. Different brands use different programming syntex. In the case of the GE/ITI systems it's a tiered menu system.

If the installer and Dealer codes have been changed, using the hardware default procedure will not reset these codes to the factory defaults.