Ademco Lynxr displaying Di (disabled)

Old 06-11-06, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ademco Lynxr displaying Di (disabled)

Hello all,

I have purchased a new lynxr system. After installing the panel and starting it everything appeared to be going OK. Following the manual I chose to set the default *97 +1 after doing this I continued to set my serial numbers of each device and then exited with *99. The panel now displays DI and fault. I can't get this to clear. I have reset the power. removed all devices from the lists. Tried to clear any area that would have device info. What am I missing? Is there any way to clear all data?

I have the basic system with 2 door switches, FOB and a motion. The system is for home monitoring only. Could it be the phone line? I did not run wires for the 1332x10 as I'm not using any of these devices. Could this be the problem. Could my panel be DOA? Thank you for your help!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-06, 05:27 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
d1 will show for 1 minute on power up and exit from program mode. If it's persisting longer than that then there is something odd going on. You can truncate this timer by pressing #0.

If this is a new system, then you might have inadvertantly set a programming option, or even failed to actually exit program mode.

Old 06-13-06, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
More info

Yes it is a new system and possible I entered something wrong. I tried again to clear all data fields. It appears when I exit *99 the screen displays the DI and then 30 seconds later it shows fault(no beeps). If I push the # and * I get back to the 20 displaying. If I exit with *99 and then push the status (*) button the system displays the fault and I can't get back into the system with 4112+800. If I use the 4112 I can clear the fault but it comes back in around 30 seconds. I also can use 1234 and clear the fault and again it comes back. The only way back in is to reset power and use */#. Is there any place I can send this to get it tested and or reset?

Old 06-14-06, 04:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
I cannot figure out what combination of commands will give you this effect. If you didn't change the installer code, and exited with *99, then you should be in run mode.

The only other thing I can think of is that you might have set the zone type for one of your devices to one of the 24hour zone types. If the panel is actively in alarm, the installer code will not work; and if you set one of your transmitters for something like a silent panic (type 06) it wouldn't indicate anything on the display other than system not ready.