Westec 5000s - resetting?

Old 06-15-06, 12:30 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Westec 5000s - resetting?

Up until a couple weeks ago, my Westec 5000s started going wacky by going off at 7:51a everyday with an F1 code. Eventhough it was never being set, it was consistant. I'd have to reset the system on the keypad and everything was fine until the next day at that same time.

This morning I went into the box and flipped the switch on the board, hoping to reset the entire thing. Well, apparently that worked but now I get the flashing green light and the oOO message in the led display.

Is there a way to reset this thing or must I resolve myself to paying someone $100.00 to push 2 buttons? Is there anyone I can call or get technical information on how to resolve this?

Thanks.

Old 06-15-06, 04:59 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Westec is pretty uncommon in my area, and I get the impression that they are basically out of the security hardware business, because the few I've seen with their logo have been rebranded Ademco hardware.

I've had zero luck even finding user manuals for these. Realistically, you may consider upgrading to something more modern (you have effectively "orphened" hardware).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: