DSC Wireless question

Old 06-30-06, 05:24 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC Wireless question

Hello Everyone,
Hoping that someone might have an answer for this. I recently installed the DSC Wireless Key entry system on my Power 832. THis is the PC5102-433 receiver that only receives keyfob signal; cannot be used any wireless detectors.

The wireless/arm disarm works fine. However, the garage opener option is not. I have reprogrammed the panic button to operate the garage door. The door will raise but then the system 'locks up". I need to disconnect the leads to the door contacts and then unplug the opener to get it to reset. I'm thinking that there is an issue with the "pulse" mode programming of this button but I cannot seem to get around it. Any suggestions?

Also, the supplied LED to indicate armed status does not light when connected to the PC board as indicated. There seems to be a jumper wire on the diagram but perhaps it is a resistor? Hmmm?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Old 07-02-06, 01:55 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
That should be a jumper, you are simply using the relay to switch 12v power to the lamp. The _lamp_ may need a resistor to work at 12v, however. Remember the relay outputs of this thing follow the PGM output programming from the alarm control.

Also remember, the garage door diagram is really just an example. What type of input does your _garage door opener_ specify? It may need a dry contact, or a steady voltage to work correctly. That's why the programmable output has so many options.

Old 07-05-06, 11:24 AM
C
Update on Wireless Problem

Thanks for the suggestions. Over the long weekend I was able to get the garage opener to work. The problem for me was the programming:

I have the opener on the PC5102-433 output for NO1, PGM1. This can be timed. I was entering a value for the number of seconds that I wanted BUT, I was doing it in the slot for minutes. When I realized this, I put 00 in the first prompt and 02 in the second. Works like a charm.

The lamp is still and issue, and I think it is a programming issue as well. I have it wired on the PGM2 circuit. If I hook it up to NC2 it lights so I know that the jumper is good and the lamp does not need a resistor. I want it to light it indicate ARMED state.
My programming is as follows: enter programmers code then, 804 (wireless receiver), then 93 (PGM2) then 05. I am thinking that 05 will follow the main panel for 'armed status' light. Do I have the code or programming wrong????

Thanks for taking the time to think about this and any advice is appreciated!

Old 07-05-06, 03:38 PM
A
It should be set to system status. Cant remember off the top of my head which number that is on wireless. I will check a manual and see.

Old 07-11-06, 04:07 AM
C
Thank you. I would appreciate the help!

Old 07-11-06, 04:26 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
You are incorrect. The relays on this board follow the programming for the outputs on the main alarm board. Section 93 should be set as 02 to follow PGM 2, then you program PGM 2 on the main panel programming for 05.

Old 07-17-06, 09:46 AM
C
THanks for the clarification. I'm not sure if PGM 2 on the main board is already programmed for something or not--the installer did not fill out the worksheets. I'm not knowledgeable in this myself and cannot seem to find in the manual how to go about this. If you can walk me through the steps that would be great but no problem if this is not possible.
thanks!

Old 07-17-06, 03:50 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Go to program
Enter section 009 (PGM programming)
Enter 19 05 (sets PGM 1 to command output 1, which is the default, and sets PGM 2 to activate on system armed)
press # until you are back at run mode. That should do the trick.

Old 12-23-06, 08:52 PM
B
Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post
Go to program
Enter section 009 (PGM programming)
Enter 19 05 (sets PGM 1 to command output 1, which is the default, and sets PGM 2 to activate on system armed)
press # until you are back at run mode. That should do the trick.
Just a quick note on this one.

I am having the same issue. I want to use the PGM1 and PGM2 on my PC5102 and I can't get them to work. I tried the same thing that the original poster tried. What is wrong? Is this old module not supported on a PC5010 (832)?

Your suggestion might work but I need for PGM output... I use both the two PGMs on board (PC5010) and I just can't get the PGMs on the PC5102 to work at all.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

Last edited by belanger; 12-23-06 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Quoting not working???
Old 12-24-06, 11:51 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The relays on the 5102 follow the programming for the PGM outputs on the main panel. They are dry-contact (form-C) relays. Certain older models (From the installer manual for the 5102: NOTE: If the PC5102-433 is connected to the PC580/PC1555/P-48/P-6B (all versions), PC5010 v1.x, P832 v1.x or the WSS5010 1.0, 2.1, the PC5102 PGM outputs cannot be programmed to follow main panel PGM outputs 1 or 2.) need particular programming for this to work.

On the 5102 you set the PGM in programming locations 92 and 93 to emulate PC 5208 PGM 3 and 4. Then in the main panel programming, you set the PGM specs in section 010.

As complicated as DSC programming can be, using the PGMs on the expansion modules can be even more of a pain.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: