Help w/ Vista 20P install

Old 07-13-06, 06:06 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help w/ Vista 20P install

I have the system installed and setup but need help w/ a few parts

- What type should interior motion sensors be set for? I tried 04 interior followers but that doesn't set off the alarm

-I want to change the installer code, I have already changed the master and added some user codes. I tried getting back into programming w/ 4112+800(which worked a million other times) but now it just beeps once. I have a 6270 panel that I am using for programming so the * + # isn't an option within 30 secs

-Where can I get some diagrams as to when/where/how to wire in resistors.

-When testing the alarm I triggered it and the keypads both lost power, not allowing me to disable it. I think maybe I am drawing too much power from the main ac adapter.
(I have 1 6270,6150RF, 3 motions, one wave 2 interior siren and a horn type exterior siren). How do I connect some devices to another power supply?

Thanks

Rem

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-06, 03:51 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 28 Votes on 27 Posts
Interior follower is the correct zone type. Assuming that they are otherwise wired into their zones correctly, the thing you must remember is if you are armed in stay mode, the motions are bypassed, and if you don't open and close one of the entry exit doors, even arming in away mode, the panel will automatically bypass the interior follower zones (this is a false alarm prevention feature).

You should be able to use the 6250RF to get back in and change the installer code. It looks like you either changed it, or exited programming in a way that locks out your installer code.

Try this booklet supplied by one of the system manufacturers. It's a 5 meg PDF file and the examples are, of course all their product, but gives you a pretty good primer on handling simple and complex security applications that applies to all similar devices.

The number of devices you have should be _well_ in the power capacity of this panel, unless you installed an unusually powerfull exterior siren. You may simply have wiring issues.

If you have a 25VA wall plug, you may need to upgrade that to 40VA or better.

If you do want to add an additional DC power supply board to this system, look at the diagram in figure 4 on page 2-3 of your installation manual. all you have to do is bond the negative terminals together.