Home Depot ADT to Simon Conversion

Old 07-14-06, 12:50 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Home Depot ADT to Simon Conversion

Hello,

I just purchased and installed a "Home Depot" ADT wireless alarm system. The system works well but there are a number of features missing from the full Simon 3 implementation.

I called GE and they told me the ADT unit can be converted to a full Simon 3 implementation by entering a code - which they would not provide.

I would really like to be able to program my entry and exit delays but the Home Depot/ADT implementation is fixed at 30 seconds and 60 seconds respectively.

I have the Simon 3 manual and it lists almost 100 options. The Home Depot/ADT appears to be limited to 18 options!

Can anyone help with my Home Depot/ADT to Simon 3 conversion? Or ... can anyone tell me if there is a way to customize the entry and exit delays on the Home Depot/ADT system.

The firmware revision is 3.6.

Thanks,

Paul

Old 07-14-06, 02:47 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
These retail version systems have a lot of downgrade programming things like that. Unfortunately, the method for releasing the software is not something available in even the installer section of the website. Since this thing is sub-branded for ADT, it's most likely that the ADT version of the downloader software is what it takes to activate the full functions of the system program.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: