Concord Siren/Speaker Configuration

Old 07-15-06, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concord Siren/Speaker Configuration

Through this site I have installed 3 alarm sysytems in my houses over the years....now I am a bit confused and need some help.

I have a Concord Integrated panel, installation went flawless. Now I am trying to figure out my speaker/siren configuration.

The panel has a "speaker" out, Out 1 (generall for exterior siren), Out 2 for interior siren.

I bought an Elk 1-RT that I would LOVE to use, but the iti manual says max current draw from the outs is 200mA current sink. I bought the optional strobe as well.

I also have an ITI 13-950 (Maxiblaster 13-046 old model #) siren I can use for an exterior siren if I can't use the ELK, it has a 145mA max current draw.

I also have an interior speaker, an ITI that I have configured to workas the interior.

The interior speaker I have hooked up to the speaker output, it works well for alerts inside the house.

I have the maxiblaster siren hooked up to output 1, configured as 01614. The siren only puts out a continuos sound, about 15 seconds after any type of alarm.

My questions are as follows:

1) can I use my ELK-1RT? I have 2 2 conductor wires, small guage (like 20 or so) pulled into the attic. I was thinking about using one for the ELK connection and one for the strobe.

Can I hook up the ELK to the panel, or will this draw too much current for the panel?

How can I hook up the strobe lite (ELK-SL1 strobe)?

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!

-cullen

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-06, 04:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 27 Votes on 26 Posts
I take it you mean an ELK 150RT. At its millimiser setting, it draws 700ma. Those output terminals are really intended to trip a relay or other relatively low current device. You may need to tap the aux power out via relays to drive your sirens, or use a small add-on power supply board.

The panel can handle about 2 amps total with a 50va wall plug, just remember that the limiter is what those output terminals can switch (basically those are programmable relays), so using those to switch an add on relay can help give you more flexibility.

Old 07-15-06, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
OK, thats a bit over my head, using relays and such.

I think I'll keep the Maxiblaster hooked up, its pretty loud.

When it goes off, it gives off a STEADY tone, not a warble/etc...is this normal? (hooked up to output 1, setting 01614)

How would I just go about hooking up the flashing strobe to this panel. I DO have a free output #2 on the board, as well as an extra wire run into the attic.

thanks!

Old 07-16-06, 07:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 27 Votes on 26 Posts
If you want to use the strobe, you are going to have to work with relays. Those strobe draw 210ma and actually draw a bit more when they first fire.

The ITI siren is a straight piezo siren. It dosn't have a way to create a yelp or warble output without switching the 12v power feeding it. There might be a setting for the output terminal that will produce a pulsed output, but I don't think that these can. Most yelping sirens have the effect provided by the siren driver card that's built into the siren. The speaker has the sound provided by the driver built into the panel.