ademco 20p fault message

Old 09-08-06, 02:51 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ademco 20p fault message

I just installed an Ademco 20P and used my existing door magnets and motion detectors that were from a Radio Shack system. I was told by the Ademco Rep. that they would work with thi 20P. I walked thru the programming with a nice fellow from the Ademco help staff. All went well until we finished and I was getting "Fault" and each zone # on the keypad. He told me to add resistors to each of the zones "High" sides. I did so and it fixed only one of the zones. The rest are still showing up as "Fault". I am not sure what else to try.
Thanks

Old 09-08-06, 02:56 PM
Do you own a multi-meter? If so you can measure the resistance of each of the loops that you have wired. If you can post the resistance of the loop with the door / window closed.

You would not happen to be in the DC Metro area?

Old 09-08-06, 03:10 PM
H
No I live in Philadelphia Area. My son may have the meter you mentioned. I will check with him. I don't understand why it worked for one zone but not the others.

Old 09-08-06, 03:22 PM
Ok throwing out ideas....

It might be that the OLD contact loops had a end of line (EOL) resistor already...

Is the one zone that is working different than the others? Like a motion detector?

In programming *56 the Zones under 02 HARDWIRE TYPE, you did not change the default from 0

Hardwire Type
0 = EOL; 1 = NC; 2 = NO; 3 = zn doubling (ZD) †; 4 = dble-balanced (DB)†
[∗] to continue † VISTA-20P
This prompt appears only for zone numbers 02-08.
Zone 1 is automatically set for EOL operation.

Old 09-26-06, 01:06 AM
A
Vista 20P fault

Hi. I have a wireless system that I have had various problems with. The system was installed by a "pro" but he is really pretty clueless so I'm starting to fix things on my own. I have recently had an error message that says "fault 02". I can't seem to clear it no matter what I do. I am set up with 2 zones but there does not seem to be anything wrong with zone 2. This fault is in zone 1. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

AN

Old 09-26-06, 04:34 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 128 Posts
If the magnet for the zone 2 transmitter is properly aligned, and the cover is on the transmitter battery case, it is possible that the battery simply died. Normally there's a low battery report first, but sometimes these batteries go from marginal charge to functionally dead in a very short time (it's the nature of the battery technology).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: