In need of Safewatch Pro 3000 assistance

Old 09-20-06, 08:45 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
In need of Safewatch Pro 3000 assistance

Hi All-
I just moved into a new home. The home has a ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 (EN?) installed,
and every day I get another letter from an ADT dealer wanting me to be assimilated into the
collective.
Instead, I'd rather try to "do things myself". I am, however, running into problems- which is why
I'm here asking for help.
I have no manuals- except for the ones I downloaded from ADT's site, which are only operator manuals.
Thanks to a previous posting (here), I found that my system's installer code is still set to the default of "6321". Cool- so I can get in as installer.
My panel hardware is a "Safewatch Pro 3000i" touchscreen, so the other postings I've read that talk about pressing "*" or "#" buttons during a re-boot to get into programming mode don't seem to apply to my panel. I need some guidance figuring that out.
In addition, my config. only has one user named "master". I used to know the 'master' 4-digit code, but during some botched user additions/deletions...I must have overwritten the master's code.
Now, when I try to add another user (as a normal user)...and supply the installer code (when asked)... the panel responds "Installer Code Not Authorized" and the user is not added.
(back when I was able to add a user, I had to use the 'master's code).
Problem now is that I don't know the 'master's code...only the installer's.
Besides adding a few users, I'd like to actually give my zones meaningful names and figure out the outputs(?). Apparently I have a lighting featureset, with Output 17 and Output 18 available to turn on/off...but I have no idea how to use these features and/or how to hook anything up to those outputs.
THANKS! in advance for any help.
-JD
---My system Specifics---
Panel Ver. 04.00 CAL Support 04.00
Software version: 1.0.10 - Mar 26, 2004

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-06, 09:18 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
The panel you have is a modified Honeywell/Ademco Vista-20p

Go to: http://www.security.honeywell.com/hsce/products/control/bu/ad/14958.html

Click on the link for product literature to get a user manual.

To program a new master code:
Enter [installer code] + 8 + 02 + [new master code]

Old 09-22-06, 07:24 PM
J
Thanks, and follow-on question

MrRonFL- you're awesome!

I was able to reset the master code and add a few users to my system.
I'm still perplexed at the method to get into programming mode.

I would like to: a) give my zones meaningful names, and b) program the
dialer to send a page to my pager upon some event(s).

Reading through various posts (like this one: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=222893)
I see where you say power down the panel (both AC and battery) and within 50 seconds, press * and #.

My situation is a bit more confusing, since I have a touchCenter/touchscreen with only a few physical buttons on it below the backlit-panel.
When I apply power to the system, I see (on the touchscreen) the boot sequence, "loading... ***...", and the touchscreen pulling configuration from the "panel".
After all that settles down, I can press the (soft/screen) button 'security', 'more choices', then 'console mode'. Console mode gives me the familiar keypad look and feel, with the 4 A,B,C,D (soft/screen) buttons on the left side...like I see in the operators manual. Pressing * and # have no affect- either pressing sequentially or simultaneously.
I can't figure out if I'm doing the sequence wrong, or if my particular "touchCenter" pad is throwing things off.

Thanks for leading me to the Vista 20P information and for helping me reset the master code!

-John

Old 09-23-06, 12:31 AM
L
While in console mode, hitting 6321800 will give you the exact same readout as an alpha keypad while programming.

-Jesse

Old 09-23-06, 09:12 AM
J
Excellent!

Thanks LunarSquirrel! Now I can get into programming mode.
I still don't know exactly what I'm doing, since I haven't been able to locate a installers/setup manual- but I'm baby-steps closer!

Thanks again- and I'm sure I'll have additional questions soon.
-John

Old 01-26-07, 11:51 AM
D
Safewatch 3000EN (or 3000i) help

*These instructions are use-at-own-risk.*

Did you make any progress? I have the same setup (or something very similar).

My panel came with a printed copy of "Safewatch Pro 3000EN Programming Guide and System Installation Notes." It's technical, and really not too helpful. Since the 3000 is basically a Vista 20PS, I use the "Vista-20P/PS Series Vista-15P Series Installation and Set-up Guide." From what I can tell, they're essentially the same panels. The big difference is that the Vista manual is helpful, and available for download. There are some subtle differences between the panels -- notably the 3000 does NOT seem to support "zone doubling" or "double balanced zones."

Now, my panel shipped with the "3000EN" manual, but like you I have a 6270 Touchscreen which lists my "Panel Hardware" as "3000i". Either way, as far I can tell the Vista 20PS is very close.

From the 6270's "Console", type 6-3-2-1 8-0-0. The keypad will respond with "Installer Code", "20". This tells you that it is waiting for you to modify field number 20 -- Installer Code. First things first: to exit the installer mode type *-9-9. The touchscreen will respond with something like "panel configuration changed - keypad will restart" followed by a boot sequence for the touchscreen. BE SUPER CAREFUL TO TYPE "99" AND NOT ANYTHING ELSE (typing ninety eight would lock the panel, and then you would have to go through a panel reset...)

With your freshly downloaded/printed 20PS Installation Guide, you can go back into installer mode and try filling in some fields. I'd suggest experimenting with something harmless like field 21 - Quick Arm Enable, or field 22 - RF Jam . Option. For example, to review field 22, you'd enter 6321800 (installer mode), #22 (RF jam option). The panel will display "RF Jam Option" "22", ring three times (to let you know it's done listing the field) and the value contained in the field -- for me a "1". Some fields have entries for more than one partition. Entering #21 results in "01 ring 00 ring ring ring" to let me know partition one is set to "01" and partition two to "00". Not all fields will allow the use of # to review them. (the 6270 "rings differently then a regular keypad. I think I got it right.)

To change a field, type *22 (panel beeps), then the new value, for example "0".

That's the gist of it. Don't try goofing around in there until you have a copy of the guide. Otherwise you could end up seriously bricking your panel. Good luck!

Old 03-15-11, 12:39 PM
T
Ademco Safewatch Pulse blahblahblah

I just received a new system after twelve years from A*T and I had them here for twelve hours so far, installing a wireless, phoneless system and trying to answer one question.
When AWAY is armed, after the initial "Armed, Away, Exit Now, Beep, Beep, Beep"
It continues to beep.....ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE EXIT TIME!
While I understand that it may, MAY be a help to the police that there are fewer false alarms...I don't know that it is a forced regulation by them..they already charge us if they have to come for a false alarm.
Right now, every time I leave the house with my two year olds they scream and cry becasue the final ten seconds sound like a bomb going off.
Anyway..they claim they can't fix it..Is this true or crap? I am happy to mess with it but assume that if I mess with the installer code that they will call and yell at me..can I do it using just the test code?
This is unacceptable and if they can't fix it and I can't then I am havving them remove it. How ridiculous is that?

Sorry for ranting..if you've had kids and you've heard the fast beep, you know why.

Please help..
I have the installer code, I think, because the installer told it to me and to be careful..but he said they would probably see anything I was doing.

Thx,
Toffel

Old 03-15-11, 03:06 PM
Do you have the ADT Pulse system, or the ADT Safewatch Plus system? The Former is based on the Concord 4 system and utilizes iControl for interactive services, the latter is a private labeled version of the Vista 20P.

I am going to assume we are talking about the Honeywell system and we are working on a keypad, not a touchscreen. On the Safewatch version and all SIA rated panels, field 37 is disabled.

First call you CS and place the account on test.

Really, the only thing you can do is enable keypad address 17 in progamming (*191, enter value of 1, 2). Next, you will need to address the keypad as address 17. Power down, then power back up and with in 60 seconds, hold down buttons 1 and 3 for three seconds. When prompted with "16" or "address 16", enter 17 followed by a star. System should now work without the arming and entry tones.

Follow these instructions at your own risk, false alarm will be more likely without the entry warning tones.

Last edited by kcxj; 03-15-11 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-15-11, 05:04 PM
T
Yes, Panel, not touchpad.

Thanks for responding.
I appreciate what you said but I don't want all of the sound from the alarm gone..just the superfluous beeping and then faster and louder beeping during the last 10 seconds after you do the AWAY.
It sounded like your method would silence the alarming completely.

Is it possible to do STAY and then arm the motion detectors individually?

Who would possibly want to set their alarm at night and not do Away? So people break thru the glass and wander around at will...that is a good thing?
And setting it at AWAY with that noise is fine if everyone goes to sleep at the same time..
I know I sound like a whiner..but ADT won't listen..someone here might

Please tell me if you can think of a way to do this ..any kind of workaround will do.

Thx again,
Toffel

Old 03-15-11, 05:04 PM
A
Its a option that can be turned off. If you can get into program mode, 6321800, then go to *37 and enter a 0. Then *99 to exit programming. Ex. At keypad, 6321800. Screen should say 20. Hit *37. Hit 0, system should beep three times. Hit *99. Should go back to normal mode. Arm it and see if it works.

Old 03-15-11, 05:11 PM
T
Will the A*T people know I am doing it?

thx so much for the information

Old 03-15-11, 05:18 PM
A
Did that work for you? If so, you can put a countdown time on the keypad itself so even though it wont be beeping the whole time, you can still have a timer to know how much time you have before exiting.

Old 03-15-11, 05:37 PM
A
Btw, no they wont know what your doing. If you have a pulse system, it will show it on the web portal but otherwise no. Unless you do something different that would affect the status of the programming to cause a dial out to occur. But for just turning off beeping, no they wont

Old 03-15-11, 06:26 PM
T
Ademco-ish

A*T guy said it was made by Ademco. Cover reads "Safewatch QuickConnect Plus" (A*T)
Ref:LY*X PLUS
It is set up as a Pulse system, GSM only.
I tried your method..the *37 does not seem to exist in this system..the *38, which the 99 yo who came out to try to do it from ADT today tried, does not do it..you tell it 0 and , ironically enough, I woke up my two yo twins even with my hand over it..I must get a solution.
Do I need to call the Police and see if it is a county regulation or just tell them to yank the system?

Thx again and again
Toffel

Old 03-15-11, 07:16 PM
A
Unfortunately you cannot disable the exit beeps on a quickconnect. If it was a safewatch 3000 you could. The only solution unfortunately is to disconnect the speaker but then the sounder wouldnt work. I would discuss the issue with a*t and maybe they can swap it out with a sw3000. Problem is if its a pulse system, then its gonna cost more. You could turn the volume down some but probaly wont resolve the issue. Sorry.

Old 03-15-11, 07:19 PM
Alarm-genius
Its a option that can be turned off. If you can get into program mode, 6321800, then go to *37 and enter a 0. Then *99 to exit programming. Ex. At keypad, 6321800. Screen should say 20. Hit *37. Hit 0, system should beep three times. Hit *99. Should go back to normal mode. Arm it and see if it works.
Unfortunately, this will not work on a panel that has been customized by ADT

Is it possible to do STAY and then arm the motion detectors individually?
No, but you could program them as a perimeter zone--they would be on in Stay mode too, though.

Who would possibly want to set their alarm at night and not do Away? So people break thru the glass and wander around at will...that is a good thing?
I never arm in away at night when someone is in the home. That is really asking for a false alarm, motion detectors are to be a backup when nobody is home. That is also why I recommend contacts on EVERY vulnerable door and window with glass breakage detectors in appropriate locations. Furthermore, you panel is more than likely programmed to revert back the Stay mode unless an entry door is tripped after arming the system.
A*T guy said it was made by Ademco. Cover reads "Safewatch QuickConnect Plus" (A*T)
Ref:LY*X PLUS
I thought by your post that this was a Safewatch 3000, but it is a Lynx....my first suggestion won't work for you. let me see what I can come up with.

Last edited by kcxj; 03-15-11 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-15-11, 07:22 PM
A
There is away to manipulate the system so the motion is programmed as something like a window or glassbreak. So the system would arm it in the stay mode but i can tell you alarm companies dont like it because of the false alarm issue. It could be programmed as a entry/exit door so if you armed it and went to bed then if one of the kids walked in front of it then it would cause a delay time for 30 seconds so you could disarm it. Then you would have to turn off the chime for that zone so it wouldnt beep everytime you walk in front of it. Theres a way but it could get complicated.

Old 03-15-11, 07:29 PM
M
We lived with the "Arm-Stay" beeping for a few months with our Concord 4 system, until I learned to use "5 - 2" to arm silently at night. I'm truly surprised that all systems don't have something like this available to the end user...

Old 03-15-11, 07:35 PM
I don't normally work on Lynx systems, unless on a takeover and the customer refuses to upgrade. I did scan through the programming guilde

https://library.ademconet.com/MWT/fs2/5/745.pdf

The only option you would have had is field 37, but as I mentioned before, this is disabled in your verison of the Lynx L3000 system. I think your only option is the learn to live with it or get a piece of tape or a sticker to cover the piezo, this can often times muffle the sound enough to make it liveable.