DSC PC1555 question

Old 10-25-06, 09:33 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy DSC PC1555 question

Hello
I did read your sticky above about alarm systems, but its still kind of Greek to me.. sorry
When we bought our house 2+ years ago it had this alarm system, but we weren't left with any instructions. Since we didn't plan to subscribe to any service, it just beeped when doors were open/closed and that was it. The memory light was always lit and the number 5. (we later discovered that was because one of the windows had the tab broken out).
Yesterday it started beeping and the trouble light is yellow. We could get it to stop beeping by holding in the chime button, but our household telephones are all dead. Is this alarm causing that?
I have found the utility box for it and unplugged the phone line in it, but that doesn't help my home phones... is there an easy way to disconnect this alarm and restore the use of our home phones?
TIA for any help! ~Woe is Me

Old 10-25-06, 03:38 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
If you unplugged the phone cable in the alarm enclosure and your phones didn't restore, then you have reversed your sequence of events. Most likely, the phone line went dead, causing the alarm to go into trouble. You probably have a bad phone or phone jack in the house that has caused your phone line to go "off hook".

To temporarily shut the thing up just press the # key. You can get a user manual from WWW.DSC.COM.

Once you have that, you can press *2 and compare the display to the trouble chart to determine the actual problem.

If I had to guess you probably have a phone line trouble.

The memory light is cleared by arming and disarming the alarm.

Old 10-25-06, 04:47 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks! I did find the manual on line today, figure out the *2 command, and 3 and 4 lit up. 3 being the phone line. (which I can understand because it is still unplugged). But to do anything else by the manual I need a "master code" and I have no idea what that is... is there a standard series of numbers that will work?

I really appreciate your help! The phone company is coming out tomorrow because they couldn't figure out the line problem from their office, but every line in the house is dead, so I'm pretty sure it is their problem.

Old 10-25-06, 06:09 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
If you have a standard phone network interface, there will be a test jack that you can plug into. If there is a dialtone there, then the problem is with your house phone wiring. If not, then it's definitely the telco's problem.

The factory default master code for these panels is 1234. The odds are that it's been changed.

You can try keying in * 8 5555. If the panel beeps rapidly and the program light comes on then things will be fairly easy. If so, just press # until it goes back to run mode, and let us know. If not, then things are a lot more complicated.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: