PC1555MX annoying beeping

Old 11-11-06, 02:08 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
PC1555MX annoying beeping

I just moved into a house with a PC1555MX system. I have been getting a high pitch chirp every 20 seconds starting from 3am until about 10am. The chirp is coming from two different smoke detectors. I have a system light on the key pad and the manual says it's a telephone problem. Could this annoying beep from the smoke alarms and the system light be apart of the same problem? If it's a battery problem, then why would it stop chirping for 17 hours and then start back up? I'm not sure I'm looking in the right place for the answer, but I have to start somewhere. Thanks.

Old 11-12-06, 12:21 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
No the smoke detectors are standard, hardware store 110v smokes with battery backup. Buy a pack of 9v batteries and change all of them. The reason the chirps come and go is because alkaline batteries do not always abruptly deplete. Sometimes the charge in the battery will come and go for several days before the battery completely dies.

The Telephone issue will cause the _alarm panel_ to go into trouble every 24hours, because it's probably trying to connect for a programmed timer test. The only fix for that is to get into programming and turn off the dialer and phone line monitor.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: