Vista 20P Dialer Problems Please help.

Old 11-18-06, 10:45 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista 20P Dialer Problems Please help.

I installed new Vista 20P panel. All programmed, tested OK. I also programmed monitoring company phone number and codes.
However, when I try to trigger an alarm system goes off and gives audible alarm but dialer does not seize the telephone line and does not dial at all. I think dialer is disabled but manual does not reference this situation. Please help. Thank you.

Old 11-18-06, 06:30 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
Assuming that you have programmed phone, account number and format: Make sure that you have the zones set with a report code (for contact ID this woud be any digit in the first report code slot).

Also, check your line siezure wiring. If you did it backward, the system will disconnect itself from the phone line when it tries to dial.

Old 11-18-06, 07:26 PM
M
System is programmed with all zones ids and telphone numbers to dial. It just does not even attempt to seize the line and dial out. It looks that either dialer is somehow disabled or defective. Programming manual does not reference any dialer enabling codes. I thought that may be someone knows Ademco dialer enabling code or codes. Any ideas? Thank you.

Old 11-19-06, 08:20 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
No, there are no disable commands. Ademco panels disable the dialer by erasing the phone numbers programmed in locations *41 and *42

Old 11-20-06, 02:26 PM
M
Here is how problem was solved.
Evidently Vista 20P has a programming bug.
When programming zones you must put 10 in a reporting code -- RC field for all zones. To get to this field use *56 command. In RC field enter 01 and then 00. This will get code 10 written in RC field. Check summary on all and every zone to make sure this field is set to 10. Anything else would result in dialer being disabled. There is no mention of this in the programming manual.
I initially belived that this field should be a zone number and programmed it accordingly. The result was that dialer would not work at all.

Old 11-20-06, 02:30 PM
M
And thank you to MrRonFl for helping me out.

Old 11-20-06, 02:58 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
It's not a bug, it's a programming standard that Ademco has used for most of the last 20 years on all of their Vista panels. On page 5-2 in the instructions for zone programming:

"Enter the report code for this zone, which consists of 2 hexadecimal digits, each in turn consisting of 2 numerical digits. For example, for a report code of “10,” enter 01 and 00.
For Contact ID®, entering any non-zero entry as the first digit
enables the report code for this zone. Refer to the System
Communication section for information about report codes and
formats."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: