DSC pc1555 System Light

Old 11-25-06, 07:26 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC pc1555 System Light

The system arms fine. However, the system light stays on while the alarm is armed. No other zone lights to show bypassed zones. I suspect that it has something to do with the memory log being full, but I can't find a way to reset it. I have armed/disarmed the alarm several times, but the system light always comes on when armed. The system light is not on when the alarm is disarmed.

I guess I need to know why this light comes on when the system is armed. And if it is a problem.

Thanks!

Old 11-25-06, 03:40 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
Press *2. You can get your user manual with the trouble codes from www.dsc.com. The odds are it's either low battery, loss of time for the clock, or both.

Old 11-26-06, 11:25 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Nothing happens when I press *2. When the system is not armed the only light on is the green ready light.

The system light comes on when the alarm is **armed**. And then only the armed light and the system light turn on. The zone lights are all off.

Thanks

Old 11-26-06, 01:34 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
There is insufficient information to provide a meaningful answer.

If you aren't getting anything from the *2 trouble display, and it only does it when the system is armed, then the answer lies in something that only gets activated when you arm the system.

The system log has nothing to do with it. It doesn't get "full" it simply over writes the oldest entrys with newer ones.

Nothing similar to your description is described at the DSC technical website.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: