Concord Express - Eliminate a flaky zone

Old 11-26-06, 10:47 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concord Express - Eliminate a flaky zone

My window zone (Zone 3) is giving false alarms and I want to disable it at the security panel. Is it as simple as removing the wire-loop from the panel's terminal board and connect one of the supplied 2k-ohm resistors in its place?

My concern was that if I did this, the panel might be able to detect a drop in resistance and always, or intermittently, think that there is an open window.

Does the Learning Mode somehow remember the resistance of the normally-shut loop of windows? Do I need to go through a Learning Mode ritual?

Thanks.

Old 11-26-06, 11:20 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
No, simply putting the resistor on the inputs will work just fine.

Depending on the type of contact in the window, your problem may be something as simple as accumulated grime in the window track, or a nicked wire where the wiring attaches to the switch half of the contact.

Old 11-26-06, 11:31 AM
H
Thank you for your quick reply.

I'm going to troubleshoot the window loop at a future date. For the next few months, one more false alarm is going to cost me big $$$...police department. I wanted to use a quick-fix for now.

The 2.5-year-old system was poorly installed. I already had to reposition one of the door contacts. The window contact wiring is a mess and the magnets are offset from the switches quite a bit...no extenders.

Again, thank you for your assistance. Great forum...and administrator.

HoundDog

Old 11-26-06, 04:03 PM
G
You could also just simply go into panel programming and delete the zone giving you trouble...No need then to worry about any resistors...You don't need resistors on unused zones on any Concord panel.

Old 11-26-06, 04:37 PM
H
Yes, I understand what you are recommending...Thanks.

I do not know the Installer/Dealer Code that was assigned to my unit (installed by alarm company) and I have not played around with the unit to see if the default installer code (4321) is still being used.

I think I understand each step how to program this except for the last one...how to exit the SYSTEM PROGRAMMING state in the Tier 1 menus sequence...the diagram in the literature is not clear here.

HoundDog

Old 11-27-06, 05:21 PM
G
8+installer code+00 is how you get at installer programming.

If your keypad reads SYSTEM PROGRAMMING, simply press the "A" button (brings you to EXIT PROGRAMMING), then "#" to get you out of programming.

Old 11-28-06, 09:04 AM
H
Thanks, GEGUY. That's what I needed to know.

HoundDog

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: