Vista 20 and adding User Codes

Old 12-01-06, 05:15 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista 20 and adding User Codes

I have an Ademco Vista 20. I cannot get this panel to add additional user codes. I used the installer code +802 +new code to make a master code and this was confirmed by 1 beep from the keypad. I then tried using the master code +803 + new code to enter more user codes with no success or confirmation from the keypad. I have tried 804, 805, 806, 810, and many other user code "slots" without success. This essentially leaves me with only the installer code functioning as a useable code for arming and disarming. This is an older Vista 20 so if anyone has any information I am missing on programming new codes in I would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Old 12-01-06, 03:24 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
The suffix is important!

It this is a Vista 20se (those little suffixes on the model numbers are _very_ important!), what you did was program a master code for partition 2 instead of partition 1.

Your correct keystroke should have been
[installer code] + 8 + 01 + [partion 1 mastercode]

Then to enter additional codes (03 - 16), you enter
[partition 1 MC] + 8 + (03-16) + [secondary code]

What you will need to do first, however, is to enter the partition 2 code + 8 + the slot numbers you already programed, one by one to erase those codes, or else the system will not allow you to overwrite a new code in those slots.
(sorry, there's no mass reset)

If the panel is neither a Vista 20se or a Vista 20p, there are a couple of older models that weren't that common, but also have a yet different code scheme.

Old 12-01-06, 05:41 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks!!

I actually figured this one out about an hour ago and came back to post when I saw your response. It turns out that this is an SE (though figuring out exactly what model of 20 you have is a chore in itself) and you are correct. When I entered the master code under 01 all went well and I was able to start adding codes.

Thanks once again for the response and the help!!

Jim

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: