Carbon monoxide detector

Old 12-05-06, 03:03 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Carbon monoxide detector

I have a DSC 832 system that I'm in the process of setting up. I'm still in the rough stage of my installation. I ran 18/4 for my System Sensor 2W-B smokes. I need to install a Carbon monoxide detector, Can anyone advise which CMD I can use with the system that I have and is there a SM/CMD for the alarm system, if so I can put one unit in the hallway instead of 2 different ones. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 12-05-06, 06:23 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Ah! Good, by running 18-4, you saved yourself a bit of hair pulling. There are other brands, but for connection to security control panels I like the ones made by Macurco (http://www.macurco.com/).

They make models for pretty much any gas type you want to detect.

You have two choices: Give the CO detector it's own zone, if you have one free and treat it like a 4 wire smoke (the best choice), or connect it in the loop with the 2 wires, but you will still have to connect the extra pair all the way through to get power to the CO detector.

System Sensor recently came out with a CO detector, but it's still pretty new, so I have no field info on it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: