DSC Help

Old 12-10-06, 09:01 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy DSC Help

Hi Folks,

Hoping someone can help me with this. I have just installed a DSC 5020 (864) system with 5 keypads and 17 zones (two 5108 expanders). I have programmed it according to the manual and I have done a walk test and everything seems OK.

Problem is it is not reporting alarms. For now I have set it to residential dial [350] 06 and entered my cell phone number in [301] as D<phone number>FFFF.

When I arm the system and trigger an alarm, the keypads go into alarm (I have the bell disconnected & a 1K resistor across the terminals). But the system doesnt seem to be dialling out. It doesn't even seem to be seizing the line. I have checked and there is dialtone at both tip/ring and t1/r1 terminals and I have checked the telco line is tip/ring.

Any ideas of what might be wrong? Other than [301] and [350] I have left the remainedr of this section at it's default.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. This is my vacation home and I am only here and able to work on it on weekends.

Thanks

Gord

Old 12-10-06, 10:25 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
This is one of the areas where DSC programming is a little maddening, because functions one would think are automatic have to be specifically turned on to work. The system will only dial out if the zone or event in question is set to report.

Your best bet is to turn on automatic contact ID by turning on option 7 in section 381, then for every event and zone that you want to activate the dialer, you have to enter anything other than 00 or FF in the reporting code entrys for each zone or event that you want to report.

Old 12-10-06, 11:24 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Talking DSC Help

Right on - that was the issue - who would have thought!!

Thank you - you made my day!

Gord

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: