Can't program PC1555

Old 12-19-06, 08:00 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Can't program PC1555

Brought a 6 or 7 year-old house that has a DSC Power 832, 2 PC5508Z LED keypads, 6 zones. I never armed it, just used it to check the zones (LEDs) at night. The trouble light came on and I found the instruction to search and find a low battery code. Replaced the battery and in the process I managed to Quick Arm and set off the alarm. With no master code handy, I disconnected the siren, tried to disconnect the battery and power, but of coarse the memory kept reactivating the system. SO I found a manual online and did the PGM1/zone1 jumper reset. Now when I power back up, I get no beeps from either keypad, no zone LEDs, and the Program LED is on solid on both keypads. I've read and followed several threads on keyboard assignments and supervisory resets but I don't think I'm really ever in Program mode. *6 [1234] turns on the ready light but after a minute or so it switches back to Program, or *8 [7456] will force it to do the same. I'm stuck at this point because everything I try gives me the same result. Any suggestions?

Old 12-19-06, 08:51 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Assuming that you correctly reconnected all of the wiring after doing the hardware default, and the system didn't have installer lockout set, the correct default program code would be 5555, and the defaulted master code would be 1234.

The program/system light is on because the clock needs to be set and possibly the battery needs to be reconnected. If you are trying to set the clock once you enter the *6 command, there are more steps to set the time and date. Look at the *6 section on keypad commands in your manual.

Read over your manual. You have all of the information. It looks like you are following the first steps but are getting confused by the keypad display. Could you have possibly set the keypads to the wrong partition (Global doesn't mean what you think it means). Try holding the 1 key for a few seconds. If the keypad "wakes up", then somewhere along the line you accidentally set the keypads to the wrong addresses.

Old 12-20-06, 08:52 AM
P
The wiring is correct, battery reconnected, and no clicking on power up. When you say 'wake up', do you mean beeping becuase they are doing that when I power up, and the ready and armed lights blink sometimes during entries. Pressing and holding 1 doesn't seem to have any effect.

I'm assuming I need to reset the keypad addresses before the clock. Is that right?[*][8][install code] (tried 1555, 5555, 6321)
[000]
[0]
[11]
##
and then on the second keypad use [12] instead of [11]?

Old 12-20-06, 03:59 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Ooookay...

Let's try a different tack...and start over:
I finally really re-read your posts. If your system is a Power 832 according to your first post. Therefore the correct model number would actually be PC5010, _not_ PC1555.

Your program code default should be 5010.

You should not need to mess with the keypad addressing, the hardware default doesn't change those.

Take a look at some of the _many_ posts and the FAQ regarding the Power 832 setup. Now that you have defaulted the system, you will need to set the zones back to match your configuration (hopefully they actually wrote the zones on the keypad door), and turn off the dialer and phone line monitor.

Also you would need the correct manual (and programming forms, which are often a seperate download). There is a lot of overlap between the 1555 and the 5010, but the places that they differ are critical.

Old 12-20-06, 07:32 PM
P
One keypad says Power 832. The board is labeled 1555-50/300 if that helps. The manual with the house says DSC Classic PC1555. The zone information is written in the programming pages so I know what to set it to, if I ever get there.
Here's what I don't understand. When I enter an installer code (5010, 1555, even 1111), the armed light blinks once, program turns off, and ready turns on. After maybe 20 seconds, everything goes back. Then with other codes (5555) the program light doesn't turn off. If there's only one code, why does it respond the same? Having never done this before I don't know what "normal" is and I can't tell when it's in the right state.

Old 12-21-06, 02:15 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Take a look at the motherboard in the system can with the battery. Roughly in the center of the board will be a large IC chip the number on that will be the correct model number.

It sounds like you have a system that has been put together from miscelleneous parts. The keypads you have were most commonly used on the PC5010, so it's possible that the system got upgraded somewhere along the line.

Old 12-21-06, 09:05 PM
pooran1
Visiting Guest
help

i just purchased a house also that is about 7 years old,it has a pc1555,accidently armed the system,the previous owner did not give me any codes,now the alarm is going off,disconnected the backup battery and unplug the system,can i reset the system and or change the codes so ican use this,it would be a shame to let this go to waste.please help?

Old 12-22-06, 03:32 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Once it's in alarm, the only thing that will work is the hardware default procedure, but, assuming that the system is not set with the installer lockout, you will have to reconfigure all of the zones and other settings.

If you read over prior threads on DSC hardware, you can see what you are getting into. You will need an installer manual which numerous online sources have (some for free).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: